bet22

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone check their status page today? I was deferred until March. Blah.. The admissions committee doesnt meet again until Mar 14. The wait is torture....

N

Niki21

Anyone check their status page today? I was deferred until March. Blah.. The admissions committee doesnt meet again until Mar 14. The wait is torture....

Yeah no kidding. I got deferred until March back in December....waiting sucks.

ltrain

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
joining the club..."Highly desirable -- decision in March"

At least they could be honest..."Barely desirable -- We will get back to you after reviewing every other possible option. Go Blue!"

About the Ads

bbabul01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2006
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The small letter came in the mail today. This was after my status page changed 2 weeks ago to - "FILE CLOSED." Good luck to you guys!

mippetace

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah, I got deferred to a December decision way back in November. Then, they apparently got behind on all their decisions, and so my file got moved down to the March deferrment meeting.

:(.

ltrain

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
Yeah, I got deferred to a December decision way back in November. Then, they apparently got behind on all their decisions, and so my file got moved down to the March deferrment meeting.

:(.

I wonder what the odds are of getting accepted at the March meeting. Anyone know how many ppl they've deferred along the way?

cdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey -- quickie for all of you languishing on Mich's March decision list.

I sent a letter of intent after my interview (Jan) because I felt so strongly about the school. I'm stuck in "highly desirable" hell with the rest of you.

D'ya think it's overkill to send another letter in this three wk period reiterating that intent and the reasons behind it?

Thanks!

ltrain

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey -- quickie for all of you languishing on Mich's March decision list.

I sent a letter of intent after my interview (Jan) because I felt so strongly about the school. I'm stuck in "highly desirable" hell with the rest of you.

D'ya think it's overkill to send another letter in this three wk period reiterating that intent and the reasons behind it?

Thanks!

I'd send it. Especially if you can send something new with it...do you have fall grades or any updates to send? It can't hurt and it might help.

I guess I'll be sending them a letter of interest.

Has anyone else noticed that this process completely sucks? ;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.