UMich Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johannen

Weathered Wayfarer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the following email?

Following is message from Dr. Steven Gay, our Interim Dean for Admissions, who looks forward to meeting you during your next visit to Ann Arbor.

The characteristics we look for in our medical students are not unique. They are, however, specific and exceptional. In addition to academic excellence and a commitment to intellectual growth, we look for one elusive trait-passion. We define passion as an intense desire to work and pursue something special with significant emotional investment. What one chooses to be passionate about and chooses to pursue is a personal decision, unique to each individual. We believe, however, that the ability to show this type of commitment is essential to the make-up of outstanding medical students.

The University of Michigan Medical School has been fortunate to consistently and persistently attract these types of individuals both in our student body and our faculty. It is crucial to our mission. Our patients know that a University of Michigan physician is one that will care deeply for them, pursue their care with great intelligence and compassion, be approachable and understand their unique circumstances.

This energy and passion is crucial to all of us who teach here. It is the reason that the door is always open at the highest levels of academic achievement. It is why our most outstanding professors and clinicians are available to our students at any moment.

It is this passion, this academic excellence, which constantly reminds us why we are proud to be part of the Michigan Difference.

Steven E. Gay, M.D., M.S.
Interim Dean for Admissions
Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
Medical Director, Critical Care Support Services
University of Michigan Medical School

How do I interpret that?:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a form letter. I got the same thing.

Was it sent to interviewees or everyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same letter too and it super confused me! I read it twice to make sure it wasn't directed at me personally, but yah it's definitely just a random form letter. It might just be going out to interviewees since the email started out with "Following is message from Dr. Steven Gay, our Interim Dean for Admissions, who looks forward to meeting you during your next visit to Ann Arbor"

Fair enough. We'll see if there's any correlation on the 15th then, eh?

Good luck, all.

Fair enough. We'll see if there's any correlation on the 15th then, eh?

Good luck, all.

Maybe not. I got it and I haven't even interviewed there yet.

Damn. Received no such letter...ugh