UMICH interview scheduling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bidster

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I just got my first interview invite from Michigan (yay!), so I called the office to schedule, and the earliest options available were Dec 10th, Dec 17th, or push until January. Dec 10th is likely out for me because of finals....Dec 17th could work, but I asked the woman on the phone if there would be any students around to speak to or stay with and she said she was unsure. Do you think it would be better to just go in December and get the interview done as early as possible (even if signs of student life are scarce?), or could I afford to push it back 2 or 3 weeks until January when students would be back? I'm not entirely sure how/if delaying my interview when it's alredy later in the interview season as is could affect acceptance odds at Michigan--any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah so that totally sucks. i am still waiting for my college to send my LORs out to the schools, including Michigan who REQUESTED my letters. Now it looks like I probably won't be interviewing (if at all) until January or February.

Well that both sucks and blows at the same time.

how long after being complete did they take to review your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not positive on University of Michigan, but December or January is not too late in the interview season for a lot of schools. For instance, some schools interview all the way up through April (e.g. NYMC). So, don't worry about it. You should be happy that you got an invite because you've made it passed the first part of the screening process, so cheers to you on that!

On the note about housing. I would recommend you try to find a student to stay with. Anything to save a buck would help! Well, good luck on your interview and go kick some Wolverine butt! :D

All I can say is, congrats on the interview, bidster. There are plenty of people who would kill to have a chance there, so take joy in your opportunity.

Good luck!

wxl31 said:
how long after being complete did they take to review your application?

According to the status website, my application was complete last Thursday--this morning around 10:30 (EST) I checked and they had updated it to interview.

bidster said:
Hey everyone...I just got my first interview invite from Michigan (yay!), so I called the office to schedule, and the earliest options available were Dec 10th, Dec 17th, or push until January. Dec 10th is likely out for me because of finals....Dec 17th could work, but I asked the woman on the phone if there would be any students around to speak to or stay with and she said she was unsure. Do you think it would be better to just go in December and get the interview done as early as possible (even if signs of student life are scarce?), or could I afford to push it back 2 or 3 weeks until January when students would be back? I'm not entirely sure how/if delaying my interview when it's alredy later in the interview season as is could affect acceptance odds at Michigan--any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
students are still around on the 17th. it's actually our last day before break. so don't be afraid to visit then.