UMich undergrad (past or present)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

ppdka

I've decide relatively recently that I want to pursue a career in medicine after five (yes, 5) years as an udergrad. I've not taken any pre-req courses yet so I've got a lot of making up to do...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to Bio/Chem professors that are interesting/easy to get along with?? How about any good research/volunteer/work opportunities in Ann Arbor? Odds are that since I'm so early in the game I won't be competing with you for a spot so you can tell me the truth...
smile.gif

Any help would be really appreciated... Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I could probably help you out a little. Post
your personal email and I will get back with you. I'm still in Ann Arbor doing research
and volunteer work, so there are definitely
opportunities out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ppdka:
I've decide relatively recently that I want to pursue a career in medicine after five (yes, 5) years as an udergrad. I've not taken any pre-req courses yet so I've got a lot of making up to do...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to Bio/Chem professors that are interesting/easy to get along with?? How about any good research/volunteer/work opportunities in Ann Arbor? Odds are that since I'm so early in the game I won't be competing with you for a spot so you can tell me the truth...
smile.gif

Any help would be really appreciated... Thanks!

The Daily sometimes has job postings of RA positions available, esp. if you have work-study. Otherwise, you might be able to go to the hospital and look on their job board, which is very close to the entrance of the cafeteria in University Hospital.
Volunteer Services at UMHS should be able to help you find a hospital volunteering position - look on their website. Or there are many other activities that you can get involved with, mentoring, crisis line, SAPAC, working at the women's shelther in ypsi... the list is just about endless and students are usually welcomed.

I had orgo years ago ('94) with goodson I think and it sucked. I heard Ege was better. Take orgo somewhere else if you can.

Good Luck!

Biochem- Marcy Osgood is awsome!
Genetics- Jayabalen (only in the spring)
St. Joes hospital (ten mins. from campus by car will let you do alot if you talk to the right people.
Physics sucks here!
good luck