UMich vs. Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0Element0

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a choice to make, and I know its gotta come from within, but any wisdom from you guys?

For residency im interested in surgery, probably neuro...any school have a slight edge?

Members don't see this ad.

considering md/jd as well, so was wondering how easy it is to pursue dual degrees in law at either school? thanks

considering md/jd as well, so was wondering how easy it is to pursue dual degrees in law at either school? thanks

I'm considering MD/JD too, but I don't think UMich has a specific program set in place.
I don't know about UChicago though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to pre-Allo as Allopathic forum is for Allopathic medical students.

Prestige is similar

I think the major issue is Location. Do you like a college town that's frickin' cold or a big city that's frickin' cold? :)

Jesting aside, Michigan has a better hospital system but Pritzker has a much more diverse patient population due to hyde park. Both schools are pass/no pass and are research powerhouses. *shrug* Close call.

I think that if you have to make a thread to compare schools, then you are probably basing your decision on a coin flip. Why leave it up to that... choose sports teams...

who do you like better the Michigan Wolverines or Da Bears?

If you don't care for sports... choose who have the better looking uniforms/colors.

*End Unnecessary Sarcasm*

Wait until Friday when UMich makes scholarship decisions. I'd go with UMich over Pritzker though, but that's just me. As others have said, it mostly comes down to if you prefer a big city over the quintessential college town...

Last edited:
I think NickNaylor did, but he got a huge scholarship from Chicago. Ask him what he would have done if he didn't get that scholarship?

Some undergrads at the University of Chicago recently created a website where nerds at this institution can hook up for casual sex. Which may or may not appeal to you but it is something worth considering as you weigh the pros and cons of each school. Personally, I would probably choose Michigan unless Pritzker has a better financial aid package.

Some undergrads at the University of Chicago recently created a website where nerds at this institution can hook up for casual sex. Which may or may not appeal to you but it is something worth considering as you weigh the pros and cons of each school. Personally, I would probably choose Michigan unless Pritzker has a better financial aid package.
There really is no decision here. Pritzker.

Nvm. I had posted a legit answer and then realized the epic bump