Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UMichigan Picture

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Octopus, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist

Resident [Any Field]
    U Michigan has requested that I send them a picture. I have very few pictures with me in them, but I managed to dig up eight pictures. I want to post them and have a poll as to which one to send but I'm having trouble.

I tried posting a new thread with the intention of attaching a picture to eight separate posts, but my slow a$s computer/connection decided otherwise. I don't have a homepage to post them on.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?

(I posted this in the lounge too, by accident)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member

Go get a pair of passport pics made (look pretty, comb your hair, etc) then go to kinkos and copy them in the "Kodak Picturemaker" so you get as many as possible on one sheet of paper (they should still be around passport size). Cut one off and send it in as you need it. Don't send them pics from your vacation in Maine or nothing. --Trek

4. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    Aw man....I wanted to send in something more personal...

Well, I guess I'm off to Kinkos.

5. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member

Personal (as in vacations) = not good. You want them to have a good look at your face (have it very clear) so when they talk about you later they remember who you are. You'll also have to send a pic with almost every secondary so get a bunch of pics now so you don't have to keep buying passport pics as they're expensive. --Trek

6. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

I don't think there's a rule against sending vacation/personal photos... but you run into 2 problems:

1) Like the other guy said, they need a clear look at your face
    2) You need a lot of these photos... I think almost all schools ask for them.

I've been using passport photos... but I'm considering going to a studio to get nicer ones (not glossy.... just nice). You might consider that too. :)

7. Sprockette

Sprockette Senior Member

Last year, when I applied, someone told me about CVS Pharmacy...you can get color passport photos taken there that are of decent quality, and you get like 16 photos for $7.99. That was by far the best deal I found for this...

You should look into it if you have a CVS near you, since you're going to need a bunch of photos for your applications. Most schools request a passport photo on their secondaries.

8. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks guys....I just got back from Kinkos...too late for CVS, but thanks anyway!

9. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    if you email them to me, i'll upload them for you.

10. Doctor Octopus

Resident [Any Field]

Thanks Oldman, but I guess I'm just going to send the generic passport photo like everyone suggested. I do appreciate the offer :)