Umich's Dean's Merit Award

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragon2g

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the Dean's Merit Award? Just curious...

Members don't see this ad.

is this saying you got it? hahahah what a way to brag/advertise if so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow give him a break.

this has to be a troll. no one who got that award could be this blatantly stupid.

wow... i just put up a post on the award as a way to possibly contact others who have been fortunate enough to get it ... i wanted to find someone in a similar situation since i have been very fortunate and have a difficult decision to make in choosing between some med schools. I didn't mean to brag or anything and i can understand, i guess, if it came off like that ... but damnnn all the aggressive response i got .... and you guys are going to be doctors? yall need to chill out and grow up... stop looking at others to find the competitive typical "d-bag" premed who just wants to brag or show off or whatever ... look at yourself man... someone just wanted to ask a simple question ... if you had nothing to do with the award or about the topic of the post... what's the sense in getting all worked up over it and actually responding to the thread in the aggressive and insulting manner that you did?

wow... i just put up a post on the award as a way to possibly contact others who have been fortunate enough to get it ... i wanted to find someone in a similar situation since i have been very fortunate and have a difficult decision to make in choosing between some med schools. I didn't mean to brag or anything and i can understand, i guess, if it came off like that ... but damnnn all the aggressive response i got .... and you guys are going to be doctors? yall need to chill out and grow up... stop looking at others to find the competitive typical "d-bag" premed who just wants to brag or show off or whatever ... look at yourself man... someone just wanted to ask a simple question ... if you had nothing to do with the award or about the topic of the post... what's the sense in getting all worked up over it and actually responding to the thread in the aggressive and insulting manner that you did? And if i wanted to brag, why would i do it through an anonymous identity in a forum full of other anonymous students who i couldn't possibly know or care about? Not everyone's trying to show off or rub it in

Yeah, guys... give the OP a break... This decision is much more nuanced for many people than it may seem on the surface.

To answer BigRedPremed's question, this is a merit scholarship at UMich. It covers tuition for all 4 years, meaning that the recipient only has to pay for room/board.

Did anyone else get the Dean's Merit Award? Just curious...

Probably Humble but I am not sure. But if anyone else would get it, probably Humble.