UMKC Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msf41

AADSAS = rip off
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just mailed in my deposit! Can't wait to start looking for apartments and figuring out how I'm going to get money to pay for D-school?

So what are my future UMKC classmates doing?

Do you have any advice on where the best parts of Kansas City are to live? Someone told me that north KC is newer and cheaper, and you can just commute to school.

Members don't see this ad.

how did you get accepted for 09 from now? did you mean class 08?

I am also assuming you mean that you are incoming for fall 2008, so the class of 2012. If that is the case, then I am one of your future fellow classmates! I already live in Kansas City, so I am not currently looking for a place to live. However, I can say that Kansas City is a relatively commuter-friendly city. The suburbs north of Kansas City are nice, safe, and it is pretty easy and fast to get to the dental school. However, there are a few places just past the Kansas border that are also nice, like Olathe, Overland Park, etc. I have personally lived in Liberty and Gladstone. I liked both places, and both were really safe and there is plenty to do and plenty of restaurants and shops.

For the rest of the time up until school starts I will be working full-time and taking a couple more classes. Probably will take a trip for fun to somewhere I haven't been with my husband, since we probably won't have the time/money for the next few years.

Where are you from? Is that your baby as your avatar?

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is nearly three years old. So...yeah...OP probably meant the class of 2009.

:DIf anyone wants information on where dental students live that go to UMKC, I have a document that I can e-mail you. Just PM me or post to this. I'm currently a 3rd year at UMKC (class of 2009)....and for the person that was asking....yeah my avatar is my little 4 mo old girl...isn't she cutie! :)