UMKC; Creighton SOP (My Profile)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nguyen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What scores would you guys recommend me to shoot for?

Depends on your GPA. If you can actually get into the 3.5-3.6 range for your GPA, I'd guess a PCAT score >70 would be adequate.

Also, would you guys recommend me to take the PCAT in September before January just to get a feel for what it is?

Sure. Most people improve the second time around, and you might even score well enough to avoid taking it a second time.

Letters of recommendation…what do you guys suggest? I have none at this moment. Sadly, I don’t know who to choose from and I want the best LORs as well as the credentials for UMKC and Creighton to review.

The pharmacy manager who is a UMKC grad that you work for is an obvious choice. For your other letters, it probably doesn't matter as much who you go with as much as it does to pick someone who is familiar with you and will take the time to write a good letter. Another pharmacist that you work with or a professor who knows you well could be good choices.