UMKC Ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docj1

Walleye Whacker
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why UMKC reviews applications from applicants in the top 50%. Is it that they take alot of legacies, do they look more at experience as opposed to class rank. Most programs recommend top 10-15%

Any info is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's a strong clinical program which interviews top students.

Thanks, I'm just trying to get as much information as I can. I have no basis to tell which programs are better or worse. I'm just trying to figure out which ones to apply to. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, UMKC has a great program. They only interviewed about 25 last year, so there is plenty more than just being in the top 50% to get an interview.

Thanks, I'm just trying to get as much information as I can. I have no basis to tell which programs are better or worse. I'm just trying to figure out which ones to apply to. Thanks again.

Apply to as many as you can afford to. You don't want to apply to too few or you may end up with just a couple of interviews. The interview process is weird.

Apply to as many as you can afford to. You don't want to apply to too few or you may end up with just a couple of interviews. The interview process is weird.

That's what they call a euphemism!
:)