UMN Duluth Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krebse

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I just scheduled an interview at the UMN Duluth for Oct. 11th, anybody have any advice for me? The interview feedback site is pretty limited for this particular school. Anyone else have any interview there? Thanks!

Liz

Members don't see this ad.

krebse said:
Hey Guys-

I just scheduled an interview at the UMN Duluth for Oct. 11th, anybody have any advice for me? The interview feedback site is pretty limited for this particular school. Anyone else have any interview there? Thanks!

Liz

I'm a reapplicant and interviewed there during my previous try. I was interviewed by a faculty member and a nurse from the community who was on the admissions board. Both interviews were pretty laid back and were open file, so it really became a discussion on your personal statement and extracurriculars. Be sure you are well prepared with any reasons you might have that would make you a good rural family practice physician...they really try to hammer home the school's mission through their line of questioning. Anyways, I will be interviewing there on the 4th, so feel free to drop me a PM if you would like my updated take on UMD interviews!

I interviewed at UMD last year, and I thought it was one of my most antagonistic interviews overall, but I got in anyway. One of my interviewers asked me about my opinion on euthanasia, and I found out from some of the students that this is his favorite topic when interviewing. So, be prepared to talk about this issue. I'm pretty sure he will take the opposite view of whatever your view is, but I think his personal view is pro-euthanasia. Susan, the admissions coordinator, is super nice though!

Good Luck!

I think the stress level totally depends on who is interviewing you. It seems (from talking to classmates) that it's pretty common to have one laid back, conversational interview and one where they see how you are at coping with pressure and thinking on your feet. In one of my interviews, ethical problems were shot at me again and again. Just try to answer as well as you can, don't let them fluster you and realize that there is a purpose to what they're doing and you'll be fine. MDT-are you an M1 here too?
TH