UMO Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aphelion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you qualify for OPSUBPAY while a UMO attached to a sub group? From the instruction you need to be attached to an operational sub or command staff. Does Staff Corp qualifiy for this pay. CONSUBPAY specifically excludes staff corps officers, but there is no such wording for OPSUBPAY.

I ask because of 6 years enlisted sub time so it would be good chunk of change.

TIA
Keith

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you do get sub pay when attached to a submarine command. However, you must first get your dolphins. That involves 1) completing a series of tests 2) getting 30 days of ride time as a UMO 3) sitting an oral board with any CO/XO of one of the boats you ride 4) completing a thesis paper (becoming harder, like a topic review or something related to diving/submarine)

Most people who stick around the community end up getting their dolphins. I've just finished my first year and I already have everything done except the thesis. Yes, it's a huge chunk of change for a monthly pay, so it's definitely worth it! Email me if you have any further questions. [email protected]