Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Aug 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
510 126/125/128/131
AAMC FL1- 512 (one week out)
AAMC FL2 - 515 (three days out)

Hey everyone, got my score back today and I'm not too surprised, I got a migraine about 20mins into the first section - I didn't finish a few questions which really worried me (I had never run out of time in any practice exam). I was able to take meds for the migraine during the first break, but I spent all of CARS debating weather or not to void which clearly shows in my score (125 --- I had never gotten below a 128 in any practice exam). I got my head together during the lunch break and decided to try my best for the last two sections and submit anyways.

I realize that a 510 is a good score but I was a little disappointed because I know I didn't test to the best of my abilities. I am also concerned about how unbalanced it is. Do I retake???

Planning on applying for the 2019 cycle and taking a gap year so I would retake in this upcoming January.
Other Info: ORM, CT resident, 3.75gpa (sgpa is about the same) average ECs

Thanks in advance!!!

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a lot more going AGAINST me (age, primarily) and I would NOT retake a 510. I would, however, make darn sure my app was in on 1st day and have all transcripts sent in prior to them opening AMCAS for submission.

You can order transcripts in May, have them sent to AMCAS and when app is opened in June for submission, you should be verified within hours (according to some people last cycle, one was verified in 15 mins and another one in 1.5 hours).

MTRN406

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Feb 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
510 126/125/128/131
AAMC FL1- 512 (one week out)
AAMC FL2 - 515 (three days out)

Hey everyone, got my score back today and I'm not too surprised, I got a migraine about 20mins into the first section - I didn't finish a few questions which really worried me (I had never run out of time in any practice exam). I was able to take meds for the migraine during the first break, but I spent all of CARS debating weather or not to void which clearly shows in my score (125 --- I had never gotten below a 128 in any practice exam). I got my head together during the lunch break and decided to try my best for the last two sections and submit anyways.

I realize that a 510 is a good score but I was a little disappointed because I know I didn't test to the best of my abilities. I am also concerned about how unbalanced it is. Do I retake???

Planning on applying for the 2019 cycle and taking a gap year so I would retake in this upcoming January.
Other Info: ORM, CT resident, 3.75gpa (sgpa is about the same) average ECs

Thanks in advance!!!
I would retake it.

I made a 510 that I am happy with, and had 125, 129, 128, 128. On my AAMC FL2, I also scored a 510, but it was 125, 132, 125, 128. If I had gotten this distribution on the real thing I would have retaken it. You can handle one subsection score below the 80th percentile, but not two.

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
I would retake. You have an opportunity to strengthen BOTH your C/P and CARS which are rather mediocre. I would consider this an inflated 510 because I don't expect you to get a 131 again on the P/S section.

If you feel you can bump both C/P and CARS to a 128, then go for it. 128 across all sections is a 512 and even higher than your current 510.

About the Ads