Feb 13, 2021
I received a 514 (131/124/129/130). I am a Texas resident wanting to attend a school in the Houston area. I am applying this cycle but I'm wondering how much of a red flag will my score raise at schools like McGovern (I'm not really aiming for the top schools like UTSW or Baylor). I was performing relatively well on practice FLs on CARS, never scoring below 75%. I am the eldest and the first person in my direct family to apply to medical school and didn't know what to expect on test day so after the C/P section I freaked out because I couldn't gauge how well I did and kept thinking about C/P questions while I was trying to focus on CARS. Due to this I was not able to read the last passage and guessed on 5 questions. I will retake if it is something that I can not explain to ADCOMS but I am hesitant to do so in case I get a more balanced score but not significantly higher overall for example a 516 with scores ranging from 128-131. Is there something in my resume such as research experience or my essays that can prove that my CARS was due to test day jitters.

Background:
I have a 3.85 cGPA and sGPA with an upward trend. I am a neuroscience major with a pysch minor at a normal state school. I have around 700+ hrs of clinical volunteering from two clinics and around 500 in research (bench work, clinical research and empirical research) with a abstract in clinical research presented at a conference and a manuscript in empirical research which is currently under review (not in a very popular journal). I have 200 hrs of community service volunteering with children with disabilities. I have leadership experience in 2 organizations and my extra curricular is film making. I have the chance to complete an honors thesis next semester if that can also show I am able to think critically.
I'm not sure if it is significant to mention but I am of middle eastern background so ORM.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.