MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biochemist3412

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. Let's breathe a bit. This is not meant to be a confession of all the problems you have. Prioritize.

It is bad form to cite these issues as causative when it comes to bad grades or test results. Don't mention the food poisoning and the MCAT attempt. Did you not qualify for the FAP? You did know if you had an FAP before you took the MCAT, you could get a reduction in the exam fee and free test prep resources from AAMC?

Last edited:
According to MSAR the low 10% for schools like NYU is 128 and 129, so I feel like the 127 puts me at a disadvantage for top schools. I was attempting to show that I couldn't take another test because I couldn't afford to... do you still think it's unnecessary? Even if not unbalanced, it's a bit low.
Your job is to get into A medical school, not just Really Top Schools. If Albany was your only acceptance, would you turn it down?

If you get rejected from MYU, it won't be due tot he 127 CARS. Somebody has to be int he <10th %ile, why not you??

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at a top 20. I interview applicants all day long who have scores similar to yours. Given that you are bilingual and (I'm guessing) didn't learn English until you reached school age, the 127 is not at all unusual and certainly not anything that would preclude you from succeeding in med school.

Your disadvantage statement should, really, only go to HS graduation.
The part about coming out & getting kicked out could go in a diversity essay or a overcome adversity essay (if a school wants both, use that for one and something else for the other -- don't sing the same song in every essay).

Reactions: 1 users