Unbalanced MCAT Score, Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stopbiting

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend a re-take. Even if he raises that 124 by a few points, there is no guarantee that his scores on the other sections wouldn't go down by a point or two.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone.

My friend received his MCAT score back today and got a 517 (131, 124, 131, 131). He is applying next cycle or the cycle after that and asked me if I think he should consider a retake. I don't want to lead him astray so I told him I would post here and tag some of the more knowledgable people that I've encountered on the forum. My thought process is that his CARS is clearly dragging him down a lot, but writing decent primary and secondary materials might save him there and make an MCAT retake unnecessary. I know it can be risky to retake. On the other hand, he clearly has potential for a 520+ if he is able to improve his CARS score.

Please let me know what you kind folks would say to my friend. I'll link him to this forum so he can see your responses.

@gonnif @gyngyn @Goro @LizzyM @Faha @Mr.Smile12

Sorry if I missed anyone important, and thanks for taking the time to respond!
Do I have to reach through the electrons and smack him upside the head????
CARS gets cut the most slack.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)