Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
I'm starting to see how they've earned their reputation.

I am a late applicant, and AADSAS failed to mail out my LORs AND my transcripts to ALL of my schools. I called them a week ago and they claimed that they were in a "separate pile" at the schools. Just got off the phone with the schools and they said that LORs and transcripts are sent with the actual application.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. :mad:

Additionally, I just tried to call AADSAS customer service and their message states they are "closed," yet their hours are 9-5pm EST?

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
ScottW3 said:
I hear ya. Maybe this info will help...

Aree Henderson
Customer Service Representative
[email protected]
Ext. 112

Marie Hemsley-Tolliver
[email protected]
Ext. 111

Bill Whipple
[email protected]
Ext. 113

Chonté James
Director, AADSAS
[email protected]
Ext. 184
Hey thanks for the tip! Are these people that SDNers have had a good experience with?

ScottW3

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Chicago
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Actually, there are only 4 people taking calls from AADSAS. I have had good luck using these extentions to reach them directly. I threw in the director for fun.

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
I had a similar experience, although not as bad. AADSAS LOST one of my recommendation letters, and it was a science one. I didnt find out until I went to one of my interviews, and they said my application was incomplete. I investigated and found out that NONE of the schools had recieved that LOR, and AADSAS had lost. I hadnt applied until october, and I found out January 26th.

I spoke with Bill from AADSAS, really nice guy, really wants to help. Explain him the problem, but be nice, dont yell at him, its frustrating but you have to be nice to them for them to take care of it quickly. Anywas, he went out of way, made notices etc and within three business days the LOR was sent out to the schools.

I would call up Bill, you can ask for him if you call up the mainline. Like I said, although its tempting to yell and scream at them, he wont listen if you are acting accusatory, although do mention what is at stake.

Good luck, and message me if you want more info

RicDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Toronto
Status
Ruprick said:
I'm starting to see how they've earned their reputation.

I am a late applicant, and AADSAS failed to mail out my LORs AND my transcripts to ALL of my schools. I called them a week ago and they claimed that they were in a "separate pile" at the schools. Just got off the phone with the schools and they said that LORs and transcripts are sent with the actual application.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. :mad:

Additionally, I just tried to call AADSAS customer service and their message states they are "closed," yet their hours are 9-5pm EST?

i can empathize. same thing happened w/ me. AADSAS failed to send my LOR (from dean of school of science for that matter) to UOP and it was only after checking infosource that i realized it was missing. that's why it's so important, and some schools stress this, to follow up with schools u applied to to make sure that ur app is complete. good luck. hope everything works out for u.

Dentalist

carpe diem
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Adding a question here...

It is possible for me to send the official transcripts and LOR's directly to the schools, instead of AADSAS?

OP
Ruprick

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
RicDDS said:
i can empathize. same thing happened w/ me. AADSAS failed to send my LOR (from dean of school of science for that matter) to UOP and it was only after checking infosource that i realized it was missing. that's why it's so important, and some schools stress this, to follow up with schools u applied to to make sure that ur app is complete. good luck. hope everything works out for u.
That's the weird thing for me: infosource states that all were mailed out with the application.

I just got off the phone with Bill Whipple as many of you suggested, and they will be overnighting the letters/transcripts by Monday (fingers crossed).

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Ruprick, sorry to hear of the troubles you've had. Hopefully you'll come to some successful resolution with AADSAS.

Then, you'll get to deal with PASS when your a dental student. :D

joobs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
Aadsas Failed To Put One Of My Classes On The Transcipt Summary They Mailed Me. I Got An A In That Class Too!

UDM or bust

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
Dentalist said:
Adding a question here...

It is possible for me to send the official transcripts and LOR's directly to the schools, instead of AADSAS?
I was not impressed at all with AADSAS, I didn't like the idea of them having to get things, copy them, and send them to the proper schools - I didn't have any transcripts or LOR's sent to AADSAS - I had everything specifically sent to the schools directly from the registrar's office or my professors. Everything made it to the schools directly and I didn't have to worry about it so much. I did hear that AADSAS is changing their transcript policy for next year that you will have to send in your transcripts to them directly so they can compare information directly.

So, for this year, yes, for next year partially no.

packrbackr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
they did the same thing to me, no transcripts or LORs to any school, but they told me they mailed them in the same envelope. The schools told me that often times they send the additional materials out in the next mailing so I shouldn't worry, but when I call AADSAS and they tell me it is mailed and the schools dont' have it I worry.
I hate AADSAS and I think a Better Business Bureau complaint call is in order.

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Charleston, SC
Status
I had my share of freaking out with AADSAS. :eek: :confused:
After a thorough investigation into the matter, I figured out how they work (somewhat, ha) They work in a cycle of "mailings" aka sending out your info to schools. For example, lets say that on August 1st, they receive 2 of your LORs, and your transcript. If their next mailing is August 10th, any LORs received after like their "mailing" cut-off, wont go out until their next mailing, which may be August 21st. The continue to receive and send out using this process throughout the application cycle. The key is to relax and stay patient, but stay on top of AADSAS! good luck