Unbinding FA and punching flashcards in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triniman

Taking over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so at the risk of sounding incompetent...

Does anyone know where can I get my FA unbound + punched and my flashcards punched in NYC????
I tried at least 5 different kinkos, office depot and staples and none of them would do it.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I pulled the sections out in chunks. If you look at how it is bound, it is pretty easy to pull apart on your own..then 3 hole punch and voila!

Instead of putting it in a binder, why don't you spiral bind it? It will be less obtrusive to your writing since you don't have to worry about the metal rings of the binder hindering you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of putting it in a binder, why don't you spiral bind it? It will be less obtrusive to your writing since you don't have to worry about the metal rings of the binder hindering you.

I think the reason most people want it in a binder is so that putting in extra pages of notes will be easier when you're adding things later on and have it after the page you want it anywhere in the book. the spiral defeats that purpose....

Agreed. I just did it myself, although I'm a little surprised that none of the places you went to would do it. I've read here that they're usually willing to. Where in NYC did you try? Maybe you can go somewhere just outside in the 'burbs?

yeah I guess it will come down to that. The only place that said they would hole-punch it is staples. However, they don't have a hole punch machine so an employee has to punch each page one by one. It is pretty ridiculous that no where in NYC has an automatic hole punch machine. I think I will just rip apart the binding and punch it myself.:rolleyes:

I went to staples to do it. They guy cut off the binding. I 3 holed punched it (he was too lazy to do it) and put it into a binder. U can punch several pages at a time, they have a heavy duty manual machine. Its really not that hard. 15 min max for all.

$2 to cut off the binding. $0.01 per page for them to 3 hole punch, but u could do it there by yourself for free. + price of the binder ( your choice). I got a 1.5 inch.