UNC-Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charleb32

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything concrete from them. I haven't seen anyone add them to the accept, reject or waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten the letter saying "we heavily screen out of state applicants," and nothing else.

I was going to apply there, but UNC's incoming class is usually composed of only 20 out of staters, so they definitely heavily screen out of state applicants. Then again, so do most state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
No news for me from them yet either, although I keep checking my mailbox anxiously. I'm an out-of-stater too, btw. I figure no news is good news at this point, since they say if you get a secondary app and you're out-of-state then you are guaranteed an interview. :)

I'd rather have heard nothing than get an auto-reject. ;)

Good luck everybody!!

Raina

I'm out of state applying for MD/PhD. I got a letter from them stating that they needed my SSN and AMCAS ID, but thats it so far.

I'm from out of state and nothing but the "we guarantee an interview if we send you a secondary" letter.

I am out of state and received a secondary about a week and a half ago. They guaranteed an interview and will notify me in like two weeks.