UNC Dental School Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't worry about it now, call them in the morning and ask.

Members don't see this ad.

How many interviewers were there total? Did they use the same ones for each interview session.

PS: Grats BT; that's a pretty awesome surprise to get. :)

Last edited:
I met you at the interview, May, and you seemed like a good guy. I'm sure you got several fantastic acceptances to pick from - it's not like you're settling by going to tOSU, Penn or Columbia. Be proud of your undergrad record that gave you these opportunities, be a killer dentist, and go on and save the world.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you don't burn any bridges.

I met you at the interview, May, and you seemed like a good guy. I'm sure you got several fantastic acceptances to pick from - it's not like you're settling by going to tOSU, Penn or Columbia. Be proud of your undergrad record that gave you these opportunities, be a killer dentist, and go on and save the world.

Yeah. I'm just curious. I wasn't sure how many total interviewers there were or if they changed them up for different interview dates.

is every interviewer part of the committee meeting on the morning of acceptances?

i didnt think so since mine were from different cities.

my Q is how do they "talk" about you if no one is there to represent you?

Turns out the administration forgot to make the phone call :rolleyes:

But im happy nonetheless!

Does anyone know anything about this years wait-list or wait-lists in previous years? How many are on it, how many get in off of it etc?

Does anyone know anything about this years wait-list or wait-lists in previous years? How many are on it, how many get in off of it etc?

Yeah, I received that wait-list letter in the mail today. I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine that not many people get in off the wait-list simply because most of the people that get accepted to UNC would love to go there. I know of at least one person for certain that posted on one of the UNC threads that said he/she was still deciding between accepting UNC's acceptance or going somewhere else. I guess that should give some of the wait-listed people some hope. I'm not worried about it though...I figure if I get a phone call...great...if not...better luck next year I guess.

Yeah, I received that wait-list letter in the mail today. I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine that not many people get in off the wait-list simply because most of the people that get accepted to UNC would love to go there. I know of at least one person for certain that posted on one of the UNC threads that said he/she was still deciding between accepting UNC's acceptance or going somewhere else. I guess that should give some of the wait-listed people some hope. I'm not worried about it though...I figure if I get a phone call...great...if not...better luck next year I guess.

Did you only apply to UNC?

Did you only apply to UNC?

Nope. I received three interviews and I was wait-listed at UNC and Nova. I haven't heard anything from ECU yet...but I'm not necessarily counting on an acceptance from there because they seem to be limited on their class size (only 40 seats I believe). That's why I'm pretty much looking to next year's cycle.

Nope. I received three interviews and I was wait-listed at UNC and Nova. I haven't heard anything from ECU yet...but I'm not necessarily counting on an acceptance from there because they seem to be limited on their class size (only 40 seats I believe). That's why I'm pretty much looking to next year's cycle.

Ah ok. Good luck!

Has anyone heard anything about doing a background check yet? I received an email after my acceptance to ECU, and I filled it out then. Would I have to fill another form out for UNC?

I know the September interview is typically out of state folks..just wondered if anyone from instate has heard about interviews or anything...:)

I am in state and interviewed in september. Is that a good thing??

UNC is my #1 choice!! AADSAS is still waiting to be mailed out though. So obviously no interviews yet! Good luck to you though!!

I am in state and interviewed in september. Is that a good thing??

i have heard, through the grapevine, that sept. interviews are usually OOS and instaters with good stats. ive heard the OOS bit from the dean himself, but the instaters with good stats, i dont remember where i heard that from.

but it is always a good thing to land 1 of the 4 interview dates.

i have heard, through the grapevine, that sept. Interviews are usually oos and instaters with good stats. Ive heard the oos bit from the dean himself, but the instaters with good stats, i dont remember where i heard that from.

But it is always a good thing to land 1 of the 4 interview dates.

+1