UNC Public Health Summer Fellowship Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgirl60

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done any summer public health programs. I'm a junior and one of the programs I'm looking at is the Summer Fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Has anyone done this program? How competitive is it to get in?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done the program, but I will be doing an MPH next year. Chapel Hill is amazing, and the public health school is top-notch. I don't see how you could go wrong with it.

I was wondering if anyone has done any summer public health programs. I'm a junior and one of the programs I'm looking at is the Summer Fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Has anyone done this program? How competitive is it to get in?

I just looked it up. Looks like a pretty cool program. I'm a public health major, so obviously it goes with my interests. Probably especially beneficial if you plan on working in the field..Also not a bad thing to put on med school apps, not to mention LOR's.

Yeah, the program sounds really awesome and I've heard wonderful things about Chapel Hill. I know I definitely want to get an MPH at some point in my life. Does anyone know how competitive the program is though or what they look for? I was trying to look for other summer undergrad programs at public health schools but there aren't too many. University of Michigan has one but you have to be a URM or from a disadvantaged background or area and I am not.