UNC secondary "fill-in" not working?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwibasket

Sushi Roller
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully figured out how to do the "fill-in" word or PDF document from UNC? I can open it in word but it won't let me make any changes and it's not set in read-only, so I can't figure out what to do...

I don't want to hand-write it, it looks sloppy...

Members don't see this ad.

kiwibasket said:
Has anyone successfully figured out how to do the "fill-in" word or PDF document from UNC? I can open it in word but it won't let me make any changes and it's not set in read-only, so I can't figure out what to do...

I don't want to hand-write it, it looks sloppy...

I just opened it in word and went to "tools" and clicked uprotect document.

Ironhead2000 said:
I just opened it in word and went to "tools" and clicked uprotect document.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the PDF is not edit-able. They just posted a read-only copy. I have a Acrobat Professional and made my own fields and filled them in. I think it looks better than when you fill fields in on Word.

MilkofAmnesia said:
Yeah, the PDF is not edit-able. They just posted a read-only copy. I have a Acrobat Professional and made my own fields and filled them in. I think it looks better than when you fill fields in on Word.
um, what are you talking about? how does it look better?

Ironhead2000 said:
um, what are you talking about? how does it look better?
Well, it's pretty OCD, but when you underline something on Word and then extend the line on each side of it, it doesn't match up well. (Like this...____test____). In Acrobat, you can control exactly where the text lies on the line, so it ends up looking like a form that was filled in with a typewriter, minus the hideous font.

MilkofAmnesia said:
Well, it's pretty OCD, but when you underline something on Word and then extend the line on each side of it, it doesn't match up well. (Like this...____test____). In Acrobat, you can control exactly where the text lies on the line, so it ends up looking like a form that was filled in with a typewriter, minus the hideous font.

oh, well i went ahead and deleted the lines. then i find today on their website that they put a new word doc without the underlines and just grey boxes. much easier. either way i think they just want our info, so i'm just sending it no matter how it looks.