This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha1734

Reaction score
??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you instate in NC? If so, I think UNC is probably your best bet. You're going a top notch medical school for an instate price. I realize the Brody is even cheaper, but if it were me I'd take the increase in cost for UNC in exchange for the things you mentioned (nationally well known, strong match placement, research etc.). I'm not from NC, but I've spent enough time in both Chapel Hill and Greenville and I personally think CH is a much more pleasant place to spend 4 years.

Jeff is a great place but depending on your cost of attendance situation, its not worth it when you have UNC as an option in my opinion, since you don't see dead-set on being in a big city.

Honestly, I don't know how school name/research etc. factors in to going into industry though. I think you should take the best option assuming you don't go into industry/choose to practice just in case though. I imagine UNC has a large alumni network that is well connected and could help you out here.

I think you should go through and explicitly list out the pros and cons you can think of for the places you say "which has pros and cons", and weigh them against each other/see how they fit your career goals and see if one stands out after that.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.