UNC - What's the deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoyaparanoia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that UNC is a good program, but to anyone who interviewed there - did you notice that most of the residents place at UNC itself. In contrast, it seems that residents at other comparable residencies place in many different geographic regions at great institutions. What is the deal with this? Do residents place at UNC because they really like it? Or do they place there because they can't place anywhere else?
Anyone with info will be greatly appreciated ... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hoyaparanoia said:
I know that UNC is a good program, but to anyone who interviewed there - did you notice that most of the residents place at UNC itself. In contrast, it seems that residents at other comparable residencies place in many different geographic regions at great institutions. What is the deal with this? Do residents place at UNC because they really like it? Or do they place there because they can't place anywhere else?
Anyone with info will be greatly appreciated ... :cool:

I think for the most part people stay here for fellowship by choice. I don't know why, but Chapel Hill's the kind of area that just sucks you in.