Undecided Undergrad needs to declare...FAST!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMrSrMrsMs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not Khodi, I'm his younger brother Kazem. Yes, I'm too lazy to create my own username, don't give me too much slack! I just don't think I'd use SDN that much, maybe more once I get into Medical school.

Well, anyways. I'm a sophomore (Actually a freshman but have sophomore standing) and 2010 is the end of my 1st year. I haven't declared as of yet.

There are 3 programs at VTECH that I'm looking into: Biology, Chemistry, and Biochemistry.

Biochem demolishes your GPA so I'm not doing that.

Would Biology or Chemistry be better for my MCAT Prep/GPA preservation/Overall Medical school app?

Members don't see this ad.

Neither will be much different for any of the goals you listed. Can't you declare and then change your major if you don't like it?

Honestly, do something you'd enjoy because you will never have education freedom again after college. And major doesn't mean a whole lot to adcoms anyway, for all they care you can be a classics major so long as you do the premed reqs and do well on the MCAT.