Undecided..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flip05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey wattup guys. Im a pre-pharm pretty much done with all the pre-reqs for pharm school, but I still have a doubt in entering pharm school. I feel as so that there's something more in being a doctor. My question is, how much more effort should I put into med school admission. I heard it's pretty competitive. Here's my stat: community college GPA: 3.8, 150 hours of volunteering in the hospital ( mainly at pharmacy dept), 6months of exp in walgreens as a tech, 1 year of exp being a pharm tech in the hosp. I havent gotten my bachelors deree, but I decided to go for it and finish it off by summer of 2013.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey wattup guys. Im a pre-pharm pretty much done with all the pre-reqs for pharm school, but I still have a doubt in entering pharm school. I feel as so that there's something more in being a doctor. My question is, how much more effort should I put into med school admission. I heard it's pretty competitive. Here's my stat: community college GPA: 3.8, 150 hours of volunteering in the hospital ( mainly at pharmacy dept), 6months of exp in walgreens as a tech, 1 year of exp being a pharm tech in the hosp. I havent gotten my bachelors deree, but I decided to go for it and finish it off by summer of 2013.

Volunteer in some patient care areas. Shadow some doctors. It's not the first time a pre-pharm goes pre-med or vice versa. Just make sure this decision is right for you. Start looking at the MCAT and when and how to take it. GPA looks stellar.

Check out the MCAT Discussions thread also.

Good luck!:luck:

400x.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
In addition to what CodeBlu said:

1. Read up a bit on the issues surrounding medicine, and see if they phase you.
2. What are your finances like? Medical school is an expensive proposition.

If you feel comfortable about medicine after that, take the MCAT.

Volunteer in some patient care areas. Shadow some doctors. It's not the first time a pre-pharm goes pre-med or vice versa. Just make sure this decision is right for you. Start looking at the MCAT and when and how to take it. GPA looks stellar.

Check out the MCAT Discussions thread also.

Good luck!:luck:

Thanks CodeBlu, Id definitely shadow some doctors and volunteer in some patient care areas.Btw, my parents own an adult assisted living, and I find it very interesting interacting with some of the patients. I know a few ppl who went to pharmacy school and ended up in med school, and it just sucks that it took them that long to realize that they really want to be a Dr.. Any suggestions, as far as ECs? And whats the best material to study for MCAT?

Thanks CodeBlu, Id definitely shadow some doctors and volunteer in some patient care areas.Btw, my parents own an adult assisted living, and I find it very interesting interacting with some of the patients. I know a few ppl who went to pharmacy school and ended up in med school, and it just sucks that it took them that long to realize that they really want to be a Dr.. Any suggestions, as far as ECs? And whats the best material to study for MCAT?

Check out the MCAT Discussion Forum. (The Berkeley Review, Examkrackers etc.)

It will be very helpful. ECs... that's a toughie... Do what you like. Volunteer in patient care though. Shadow some doctors. If you like research, do that.

Be a human being. Doctors are not born with stethoscopes in hand, they earn one. You have to be a person first. Try joining some clubs, get some leadership in there. Be all you can be!