Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

under grad and grad gpa

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MSc44, Nov 22, 2005.

1. if you have a masters in say molecular cell biology with straight A's will this get added as part of your overall gpa when applying or is undergrad and grad seperate

2. MD Rapper

MD Rapper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

3. Donvb

Donvb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If this was a Science Masters program it is very common to get 4.0's in these things... Joke classes that are an excuse to do research :laugh:

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was told at my UMDNJ interview that if one were to COMPLETE a master's program that it would be the GPA used for the decision process. The degree has to be completed before applying though.

5. MD Rapper

MD Rapper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. Donvb

Donvb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just make this comment working in a graduate Laboratory and seeing that 3 out of the 4 students in our lab have a 4.0 and the other has a 3.96... I have seen this in numerous situations of Science graduate programs... The emphasis is research and often times grades are not a big deal, most of their classes are taught by the Doctor that runs the lab... I've been accepted, so no insecurities about grades! Although, my MCAT did suck!