under grad and grad gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

if you have a masters in say molecular cell biology with straight A's will this get added as part of your overall gpa when applying or is undergrad and grad seperate

Members don't see this ad.

MD Rapper said:
They are separate GPA's... which means that your ugrad one still gets looked at, but it has less weight. Some schools you apply to will be forgiving about the low ugrad GPA while others might not. However, if you did pull a ridiculous GPA like a 4.0 in your graduate classes, I don't think too many schools would deny you, as long as you have a decent MCAT score, EC's etc.

If this was a Science Masters program it is very common to get 4.0's in these things... Joke classes that are an excuse to do research :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told at my UMDNJ interview that if one were to COMPLETE a master's program that it would be the GPA used for the decision process. The degree has to be completed before applying though.

MD Rapper said:
Your comments sound insecure... are you mad that YOU couldn't get that 4.0?

I just make this comment working in a graduate Laboratory and seeing that 3 out of the 4 students in our lab have a 4.0 and the other has a 3.96... I have seen this in numerous situations of Science graduate programs... The emphasis is research and often times grades are not a big deal, most of their classes are taught by the Doctor that runs the lab... I've been accepted, so no insecurities about grades! Although, my MCAT did suck!