under represented minorities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

khjb007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who belongs to this group called "under represented minorities"?

and do people in this group have "better chance" of getting accepted into medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

aww...

no asians.... not fair

Members don't see this ad :)
aww...

no asians.... not fair

Please... not again.

Another URM/AA thread?

COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT!
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN.

Please... not again.

Another URM/AA thread?

COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
COMPUTATIONAL ERROR.
SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT!
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN.

You know eternalrage why are you actively on every AA or URM page cutting it down... You act like there is no problem or issue and that nobody should dare talk about it. You seem that when you come and add some pithy/******ed comment with your smug blue suit and red cape everyone should feel sorry for talking about it and crawl into a hole and question why they ever came here in the first place.

Funny, if you would actually go to that website and perhaps a few others you might see that there is a problem and we should all to better at fixing it.

You know eternalrage why are you actively on every AA or URM page cutting it down... You act like there is no problem or issue and that nobody should dare talk about it. You seem that when you come and add some pithy/******ed comment with your smug blue suit and red cape everyone should feel sorry for talking about it and crawl into a hole and question why they ever came here in the first place.

Funny, if you would actually go to that website and perhaps a few others you might see that there is a problem and we should all to better at fixing it.

Eternalrage and others have been here long enough to know that AA/URM threads are overwraught and beaten to death on these forums.

No, it's just that this topic has been BEATEN TO DEATH. No one wants another AA debate :sleep:

new people register on this forum everyday and they probaby have no idea
whether this topic has been discussed many times in the past or not

show some respect for the people who have recently registered
they are called newbies and search feature might not be familiar to them yet

Understood. If you want to tune into 7 pages of active, circular debate on asians and AA and URM, here it is:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=316352

Enjoy, respectfully. :)

Since you know about the search function now, I'm assuming we don't need to keep this thread alive then. :p

You know eternalrage why are you actively on every AA or URM page cutting it down...
There's your answer. Because there's like 5 active ones at any given time. And they all argue the same thing. I don't know how long you've been posting in a forum community, but repetitive threads with circular arguments just makes people frustrated and is counterproductive.

And it also causes trolls and bandwagon junkies to start up their own threads to try and stir the pot, for example your AA thread had nothing to do with racism, but only vainly attempted to link your own experiences with discrimination, which, if you look at all the posts on your thread, failed pathetically.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=317813

You act like there is no problem or issue and that nobody should dare talk about it.
Where. WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY THAT!??! Stop making assumptions about me to try and cover up your own unreasonable obsession with starting cyberspace riots. AA/URM threads all lead back to the same conclusions:

1.) Racism exists.
2.) Racism exists for all minorities in many facets of today's society.
3.) The AA system sucks.

There. I just saved us 7 pages of circular arguments.

You seem that when you come and add some pithy/******ed comment with your smug blue suit and red cape everyone should feel sorry for talking about it and crawl into a hole and question why they ever came here in the first place.
First off, careful with your use of "******ed," MiesVanDierMom is going to come in here and tear your head off.

Second of all, you think I make stupid comments? Let's see what people had to say about your posts in AA threads:
Lots of people who hate christian15213's posts said:
Sorry man, I don't see the racism in this...

Since when does unprofessional=racist.....there are many ways to be unprofessional w/o being racist....I don't think anyone will tell you that those professors weren't being unprofessional.....but there are no signs of racism

Some of it was a bit unprofessional, but then again that's just how life is. Sometimes you get screwed. I'd change the title of this thread though, as it is somewhat misleading.

I dont think it's RACISM or discrimination, I think you just need to CHILL-the-@#$!-OUT.

longest post ever...dont quite see the racism, but I'm not in totally convinced you need to air it all out like this...

Does this make sense to anyone else?
Wow. Seriously, cry more noob.

Obvious troll. Feeding time is over

Yea. It might be a crappy and frustrating thing but the race deal didn't really seem applicable.

did i just get suckered by a troll? this can't be 4 real

Your last part of the paragraph sorta makes u look like a troll.

I dont think its racism. I got rejected from BU yesterday, can I claim racism?

ok i've read all of your posts in this thread, and it all begs the question: if it isn't racism and you admit it, why do you still have the title reading "RACISM......" you even mention in your initial post that you didn't think this was racism. why leave your title as is? and then you repeat it ad nauseum later in the thread. change the title to reflect the true meaning of your post.

Just for these comments - especially the one about concluding the doctors were foreign or American based on their names (that's pretty dumb of you bro) - I hope you don't get into med school. You're the only one on SDN I've said this to.

My point is that nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you resemble a rational thought. The title of your thread is RACISM, and yet, the 1000 words you use to start it includes no examples of racism.

There is a lot of unnecessary anger in this thread.
This had nothing to do with race.

Notice that no one has agreed with you yet? Maybe that means something. It all seems to be going in one ear and out the other.

please open your eyes to the real world. like i've said, **** happens. learning to deal with something you cannot fix will probably benefit you.

no need to pull the race card...not even close to being applicable...and this is coming from a minority who wears an afro and holds his fist high in the sky

You're coming from the land of make-believe racism, where most of us do not spend time vacationing. Victims like you oversaturate the playing field and make it that much harder for people who actually experience racism to get justice. Minority+not getting what you want does not = racism. period.

Zero racism, just the bs that everyone deals with. I was promised a research position and didn't get it. I was told I had another teaching position and didn't get it. Chill out man, its stuff everyone has to deal with.

This is by far the most ******ed thread on SDN. Here's this guy, whos's been bitchslapped once, and probably doesn't talk to his Italian mother anymore so he's bitching abt it on SDN. Dude, go cry alone in your room. We all have our own problems to deal with.

christian, first of all, i'm a guy with a girl as my avatar. second, it's obvious you're stuck in your little racist rut and nothing anyone says is going to pull you out of it. go do your thing, keep pulling the race card, and you'll see where that gets you in the US.

Come on, the crap you are whining about like a little baby is not even close to being racism. Its pre-med hoops that everyone jumps through.

Harvard Medical School

Asian: 52
White: 86
Percent of Asian: 31.5%
Percent of White: 52.1%

Asian : White = 1 : 1.65

guess I can't really complain much now :eek:

but I still feel I belong to URM group.
at my college, I'm like the only asian in every class I have...

and when I was in delaware, I was the only asian in the entire middle school :scared:
maybe my family was the only asian family in the entire state :scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)

pwned.jpg

Harvard Medical School

White: 165

guess I can't really complain much now :eek:

but I still feel I belong to URM group.
at my college, I'm like the only asian in every class I have...

and when I was in delaware, I was the only asian in the entire middle school :scared:

Haha come to Cali - at my school 40% of the school and about 70% of my major is Asian.

why don't we exclude california for a second and look at 49 other states? asian americans should belong to URM +pissed+

You're not that special. There is more than one Asian family in Delaware. Stop pretending to be victimized. :laugh:

speciallarge2.jpg

why don't we exclude california for a second and look at 49 other states? asian americans should belong to URM +pissed+

You don't seem to understand the concept of an underrepresented minority. It has nothing to do with how many Asians live in Delaware.

and the little troll came along picking his nose

and the little troll came along picking his nose

Trolls are people who start URM/AA threads and get pissy when people point out that these threads have been beaten into the ground hundreds of times before they joined SDN. :laugh:

no I never got "pissy" until I saw your replies

Well, both of your questions have been answered now, so perhaps this thread can die in peace. :)

No they shouldn't. URM has to do with there being a proportional percentage of professionals for a particular race. I.e. If 21% of the US is Asian there should be 21% Asian doctors. Both for purposes of giving that race the opportunity and to ensure that that race can have doctors they can relate to if they so desire.

There are more than 21% of Asian doctors right now. There is NO reason to give Asians URM status - aside from because some people like you feel they're entitled for some reason. URM status is NOT about you or giving you the upper hand to become a doctor - its about the patients you may someday serve and giving them the chance to have a doctor of their own race. Asians already have that - now we're working on blacks, hispanics and native americans.

Rafa your pics are coming out as links!

Harvard Medical School

White: 165

Maybe I'm just not getting this...but if there are 52 Asians and 165 Whites, there's no way those percentages (and that ratio) are correct...:confused:

the number of total matriculants is 165
the number of white is 86

my bad :p

Are there any other races besides Whites and Asians that don't get extra points for skin color?

Are there any other races besides Whites and Asians that don't get extra points for skin color?

Yeah, if you happen to be darker than Nestle Crunch har har (sarcasm) :cool:

who belongs to this group called "under represented minorities"?

and do people in this group have "better chance" of getting accepted into medical schools?

another person playing studpid.

excuse my foul attitude please

another troll who can't even spell "stupid"

dumb a$$ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Riceman has been posting on SDN for a lot longer than you have, and I can tell you he is definetely not a troll....unlike you.

Don't even bother replying to me, as I'm ignoring you.

that doesn't justify his action of criticizing someone's post in a rude way
if you post something and I reply "this is stupid"

how would you feel?
oh and don't forget to assume that I have 99999 post counts and you have 0 :p

Questions answered. Thousands of other posts on this subject. Since this has already degenerated to namecalling, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.