under word limit on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spf15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are many threads asking about going over word limits on secondary applications, but does anybody know if there's anything wrong with being significantly under the word limit? I wrote an essay that's just shy of 400 words, but the suggested upper limit is more like 550 words, which i recognize is pretty substantial.

Honestly though, I feel like adding in an extra paragraph would actually disrupt the flow of my essay... but I also don't want the adcom to potentially think that I just recycled this essay or that I was too lazy to write one more paragraph. Any thoughts on this? Would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

1259187053918_799.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
The word count is fine..

would appreciate a few more answers, thanks!

Your fine. Quality over quantity! Often a powerful short and to the point essay is better than a long one that is redundant or lacks content.

If you're happy with your response, don't change it. It's one thing to submit a single sentence when asked for a whole paragraph, but it's perfectly okay to be a few sentences shy of the upper word limit.