undergrad anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gmcsierra

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about bioengineering grad school or medical school or both. i'm thinking that i'm going to finish off my credits with about 10 credits in a fall semester maybe about 3 years from now. I have plenty of time to throw in another class or two. Would it be a problem to take anatomy and physiology? i know most med schools don't require it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I found my undergrad anatomy and physio courses to be excellent preparation for med school. I knew exactly what to expect when first year started. I'd just be careful about protecting your GPA. I don't know about your school, but at my undergrad, anatomy was really difficult. I took that along side with biochem one semester, and that semester was probably more challenging academically then any of my semesters of med school.

i guess another option i have is to forget about anatomy and physiology and try to take those 12 credits over the summer and be done in 4 years. I am a little conscerned that that may put a squeeze on my application mcat xc ...... or, i could scrap the anatomy and physiology and take more conceptiual classes in EE or physics