Undergrad Blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROCKet_gurly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a long rant so feel free to skip on by BUT...
This is my Freshmen year and I'm feeling really stupid. I LOVE my classes and I think I prepare well for exams and then I get my test back and I'm earning C's and D's when I know I'm capable of more. Where are my A's??? I think I've learned everything and have a good grasp of it all and then blah! This goes for every class. Sci and non-sci (except for Geography, I'm doing fine in there it's easy). I know I'm a visual learner. Any tips for a dummy like me ? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the resources at your school to help you learn how address the problem. I think it's totally dependent on the person so it's hard to give you advice. At my school, for instance, there is a learning resource enter where you can make an appointment to talk to people about stuff like that. Do it now and don't wait. Good luck to you.

Try going to office hours and finding out what your professors want exactly . And try to learn to apply what you study to other problems, instead of just memorizing the material.

~~Dra. Foxy