Undergrad loans and dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jza70

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those of you who have finished your BS degree and waited to apply for dental school, had to obviously start paying back your loans after the 6 month period. What happens when you get into dental school and your undergrad loan isn't paid off yet?

Members don't see this ad.

You dont have to pay them until 6 months after you are done with school...dental school...and you can always defer, you will just be paying interest on them

To those of you who have finished your BS degree and waited to apply for dental school, had to obviously start paying back your loans after the 6 month period. What happens when you get into dental school and your undergrad loan isn't paid off yet?

you can do what I am about to do (in about a year from now)
Enroll in a masters program after your BS is complete, that way you stay as a student and dont' have to follow the "6 month" rule

you can do what I am about to do (in about a year from now)
Enroll in a masters program after your BS is complete, that way you stay as a student and dont' have to follow the "6 month" rule

I'm not graduating until this fall which messing things up... a lot. I'm looking to maybe get into a 1 year masters program to raise my gpa. Are there a lot of these around? Are they just like the 2 year programs but accelerated or are there elements removed like research/lab work?