1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Undergrad Majors?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by istoletheworld, Jun 1, 2008.

1. istoletheworld

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    First off, hello all.
    My inquiry is about undergrad degrees... I've heard lately that some to a lot of med schools are looking for more 'people' people and therefore individuals with degrees in things such as fine/liberal arts and physical sciences as opposed to biological sciences/ chemistry are being much more widely considered and even favored in some cases for entrance to medical schools.

I am just curious about this and wondered what you all think / have heard. What specific majors are accepted/admired/favored/helpfull to the student?

Thanks for the input!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. That's been the running assumption for years now; don't be so science-y that you lose sight of the rest of the world, but still manage to take the usual spattering of premed courses.

Specific majors? Major in what you like, period, end of story. Just be sure to take the usuals (i.e., prerequisites plus a few others, like pathophysiology / neurobiology / A&P / histology / cell biology / whatever).

BA, Psychology.

4. 135892

135892 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    There's about, what... 10 threads a week asking this exact question. I guess its that time of year again... :D

But yeah, it doesn't matter at all what you major in. Just make sure to complete all the pre-reqs and you're golden :)