undergrad majors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acnikyj

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
another pre-med student told me today that her advisor told her that adcoms look down upon psychology majors, but she could not tell me why. i'm a psychology major myself and i certainly don't want to diminish my chances of getting into med school... has anyone else heard this?

Members don't see this ad.

The difficulty of your coursework is always taken into account. If your coursework is difficult, then they won't look down on any particular major.

Originally posted by acnikyj:
•another pre-med student told me today that her advisor told her that adcoms look down upon psychology majors, but she could not tell me why. i'm a psychology major myself and i certainly don't want to diminish my chances of getting into med school... has anyone else heard this?•

They dont look down on any major.

Unless you do something wierd like major in Home Ec and creative swimming, I doubt that an adcom will look down on your major. I could *maybe* see an adcom giving a little more slack to someone who majored in engineering or biochem who had a 3.0 vs a psychology major with a 3.0, but...well, thats kinda out there. I wouldnt worry about it.

Star