Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Undergrad/Med School Combined?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LA, Aug 14, 2000.

1. LA

LA

I've heard there are schools where you can complete your undergrad and med school together in six years instead of eight. Has anyone else heard of or know what schools offer this? How does it effect MCAT? If there are any such schools in Texas I would really appriciate the info. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by LA (edited 08-14-2000).]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient

Attending Physician
    There are quite a few of them, off the top of my head, Brown and UMich both have programs.

4. jlinn01

jlinn01 Junior Member

Northwestern has a 7 year.

5. Crafty

Crafty Member

I looked up Texas in the MSAR book, and the two schools that have joint undergrad-med school programs are Rice University/Baylor College of Medicine and Texas A&M. The Rice/Baylor program is not accelerated, which means you will do four years undergrad and four years of med school. The bonus is you can get accepted out of high schools to one of the top med schools. I have a friend from A&M who participated in that program, and he seems to like it. He took a lot of sciences early on, but I sure was jealous when I was studying for the MCAT and getting ready to apply. You should contact those programs if you are really interested.