Undergrad Private Loans: Consolidation and Deferment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoxieDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have successfully consolidated and deferred my federal loans but I am at a lost at what to do with my private loans. I've called around and looked online and I can't find a way to defer them while in med school. Anyone dealt with this before and have any advice on how to either defer private loans or a way to pay them during med school? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

My lenders allowed me to defer while I was in school. If your lenders won't allow you to do that you will have to take out enough loan money to cover the payments. I wish I could be more helpful. You could always take out private loans to pay them off. Med loans often can be fixed while most private loans from undergrad are variable. Most, not ALL loans. :luck:

Hello! Please help me. Is anyone here willing to help me in applying in a loan for international students? I need a U.S. citizen to be my cosigner for the loan I am applying for. I do not know anyone from the US who can be my cosigner. Where can I find cosigners who can help me? Please help me.