Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Undergrad Research/Field Experience

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Starion, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Starion

Non-Student
    Greetings all,

I wasn't sure where this would be best put (when did this sub-forum decide to start existing?), but I had a question.

My school offers a class, PSY 499 PRACTICUM IN PSY, that will hopefully be useful when it comes time to apply to grad schools, especially since I haven't had any luck getting involved with what little research is occurring here.

I'm trying to decide which section I should attempt to enter. There are 4 sections, with credit hours ranging from 1-4. Each credit hour requires 42-45 hours on the site. I'm trying to figure out how many hours would look most appropriate when applying to the schools. Do they pay attention to the number of hours spent, or just what you've done? This semester is already stacking up to be a dandy one, so I'd rather not go with the 4 credit hour one if I can help it. I'm hoping to choose the one that will meld best with classes/employment, which will also very depending on what the actual site requires. But you all can't help me with that. :laugh:

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emc17

emc17 emc

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I personally would do the most you think you can handle. You absolutely do NOT want your GPA to suffer, so just do as much as you can keeping in mind your ability to keep your grades up in other classes. I'm sure any research experience will look good - so just do whatever you think you're capable of. Only you know what you can handle - so just go with your gut. If you don't think the 4 credit hour is right for you then don't spread yourself thin. Quality over quantity! Either way, just make sure its meaningful and something that will lend itself to what you're interested in studying in the future.