SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Undergrad senior scheduling: a call for opinions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by da8s0859q, May 1, 2007.

1. Summer session I: physics 1 + lab
    Summer session II: physics 2 + lab

Fall 2007:
    - Pathophysiology
    - Organic Chemistry II
    - Medical Terminology

Spring 2008:
    - General Chemistry II

The world wants to know: would YOU take bio2 in f07 or s08? It will be the last remaining premed requirement besides the above. I could take it in either (s08 would give me free fridays through the fall, which I could definitely live with), or take it s08 and attempt to get into biochemistry for the fall, provided the prof would be willing to permit me into the course sans bio 2.

GPA: ~3.9 to be 3.9+ by graduation so long as I continue my current grade trend, MCAT pending (Fall or Spring), applying next cycle, TX resident.

Spring '08 is relatively empty because I'm (a) done with my non-"hard" science degree, and (b) unsure of what electives to stuff into my last semester, and (c) wondering when the MCAT will fall for me.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. almo88

almo88 double frick 2+ Year Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Oklahoma
    MDApps:
    Organic II is extremely difficult for some, so I would definitely take whatever is easiest in the fall, whether that is biochem or bio2 is up to you! Good Luck!!!

4. Autres opinions?

5. armybound

armybound future urologist. Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Uranus
    spring

6. emaj1n

emaj1n M1 2+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Spring. Concentrate on your organic.

7. Wanna_B_Scutty

Wanna_B_Scutty MS1 2+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ^^^ Yup. O-Chem and Biochem do NOT mix. :scared:

8. bioteach

bioteach MSIV 7+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Go with spring. Don't take it with Org II if you can help it. Make sure it is offered for both. My undergrad only offered BIO I in the fall and BIO II in the spring, but many schools have since changed that policy to be more flexible for students.

9. PseudomonasPAO1

PseudomonasPAO1 New Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Miami, FL
    You got your answer for Bio2, but you may have a hard time getting into Biochem w/o Orgo2 and GenChem2. In actuality, Bio2 is probably the least relevant for Biochem.

Enjoy senior year, it will fly by!

10. That's the idea - definitely trying to. :thumbup:

Orgo 1 and bio 2 are the prereqs at my university for biochem, and I don't believe the first half of the course is offered in the Spring (although bio 2 will be).

Would also like to take immuno, but... yeah, with orgo 2 and patho, I'm not exactly trying to find headaches for myself on this. :smuggrin: