Undergraduate college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i'm a pre-dental student but i'm thinking about a pharmacist career. I want to ask does pharmacy schools care about your undergraduate ?!
I''m talking about the CSU's system (CA school)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think schools that are especially non-PCAT will look at your GPA. Quality of GPA does rely heavily on the schools' reputation. Otherwise, I can go to the easiest state school, get 4.0 GPA, and then apply. A UC will look better IMO. Consult more people/admissions people to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I come from a UC, and will be doing a post-bac at a CSU. From what I hear, the state system does generate higher GPAs. This isn't completely due to an easier grading system, but also the fact that the class sizes are smaller, professors tend to care a tad more, and don't throw random tricks on tests to bring down the average. The UC I go to gets mad when my professor gives out too many As. I got curved down a lot because of this. My scores were fine, but people were scoring better than me, so I got curved down. What an education we have! So I think admissions recognizes this, and will see a 3.7GPA from a UC as someone who can really survive some curveballs! Again, consult others!

Yes, they do.
Do you have a prove that pharmacy schools look at your undergraduate ?!
as now i have a 3.7 GPA.I can still at my undergraduate and get a higher GPA at my senior year. But a lot of people told me that pharmacy schools in CA doesn't required PCAT that's why they care about your undergraduate college more and where you come from!

Do you have a prove that pharmacy schools look at your undergraduate ?!
as now i have a 3.7 GPA.I can still at my undergraduate and get a higher GPA at my senior year. But a lot of people told me that pharmacy schools in CA doesn't required PCAT that's why they care about your undergraduate college more and where you come from!
Because I am the pharmacist and I went through all of these processes and I know they ask for my undergraduate's transcript.

Reactions: 1 users
Because I am the pharmacist and I went through all of these processes and I know they ask for my undergraduate's transcript.

THE pharmacist ?? ALL processes ?? Hmmm.... :thinking::thinking: