undergraduate Elective around London

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maex007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Readers,
I'm a medical student from Austria/Europe and I'm looking for a possibility to do an undergraduate Elective somewhere around London/UK this summer or autumn.

Has anybody of you done this before and can give me some advice, for example email-adresses or other contact informations?

So far I have only found the Cambridge Elective Scheme

With kind regards
Max.

Members don't see this ad.

The Liver Transplant Unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham certainly accepts elective med students (as does the general surgery unit there as well) - I know this because I've supervised quite a few of them over the last few months.

I'm not sure who the best person to contact would be if you're interested - probably Prof Neuberger as on the website - he's fairly good at answering his e-mails. The medical consultants generally organise everything as far as I can see, but you get to go over the surgical side as well, get involved in transplants.

And it's busy enough that the house officers will be glad of a helping hand at all the routine clerking of admissions/ward work etc.

http://www2.uhb.nhs.uk/Services/Liver%20Unit/Liver Unit homepage.aspx

There's a more relevant page on that website somewhere, but I can't find it.