Undergraduate Grade Scales...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, real quick question.

What is/was your undergraduate institutions grading scale like?

I just discovered that my university's is like this:

A+ Excellent performance 4.00
A 4.00
A- 3.67
B+ Good performance 3.33
B 3.00
B- 2.67
C+ Average performance 2.33
C 2.00
C- 1.67
D+ Poor performance 1.33
D 1.00
D- 0.67
F Failure 0.00

Are all grading scales like that? That puts a strain on my GPA for the few classes that I received a B- in. I figured that most are a 3.0 for a B-, not 2.67. However, I've never been to another university, so I'm wondering if they are all like that.

Does AACOM have a standardized scale that they use, or do they use whatever GPA the university has on your transcript?

As always, I appreciate your feedback.

John

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
At my undergrad it is very similar except they grade: A, AB,B,BC, etc... An AB = 3.5 so it sucks if you are on the A- end and is great if you are on the B+ end; of course I was on the A- end once or twice and I got screwed!

As for AACOM, their directions for the grades section explain how they scale and how you should enter your grades (I can't remember the specifics about it...)

Hope this helps :) SPUNKY

Members don't see this ad :)
You actually have to login to your application and then look at the directions under that specific section where you enter your grades...:)

Ahh ok. I'm only a sophomore, applications are way over the horizon :(

Just scoping things out early :)

Hi everyone,
Well, the first college I attended did not use a minus scale. so, the grades went like this:
4.0 A
3.5 B+
3.0 B
2.5 C+
2.0 C
1.5 D+
1.0 D

And the university I graduated from in May used a different scale. I don't know how that's going to affect my cum GPA and how it looks to admissions committees. :confused:

So does anyone who just recently applied know?

Do they recalculate your GPA based on the grades you enter, or do they pull it straight from the transcript?