Undergraduate Preceptorships on PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulWind

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Does anyone know if an undergraduate preceptorship will significantly increase my chances at admittance into a SOP? I am very interested in the preceptorship program offered at my university, but would like to know if this will benefit my application. In the event that it does benefit my application, do I denote it as both an upper-level course as well an extracurricular leadership opportunity?

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Greetings,

Does anyone know if an undergraduate preceptorship will significantly increase my chances at admittance into a SOP? I am very interested in my the preceptorship program offered at my university, but would like to know if this will benefit my application. In the event that it does benefit my application, do I denote it as both an upper-level course as well an extracurricular leadership opportunity?

Many thanks!

For pharmacy schools, there are the big 3 to excel at that significantly increase your chances of admittance:

1. GPA
2. PCAT
3. Pharmacy work experience
3A. Work experience in general (This is included because a long, responsible history of work experience can demonstrate maturity and work ethic, and ameloriate a poor previous academic history)

So to answer your question, an undergraduate preceptorship will not significantly increase your chances.

For pharmacy schools, there are the big 3 to excel at that significantly increase your chances of admittance:

1. GPA
2. PCAT
3. Pharmacy work experience
3A. Work experience in general (This is included because a long, responsible history of work experience can demonstrate maturity and work ethic, and ameloriate a poor previous academic history)

So to answer your question, an undergraduate preceptorship will not significantly increase your chances.

Fantastic. I will still try and take part in the undergraduate preceptorship (for other reasons) but I appreciate your straightforward and well-reasoned answer.