Undergraduate Program (MCHC/RISE-UP) - Kennedy Krieger Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychandsocmajor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! This is my second year applying to Maternal Child Health Careers/Research Initiatives for Student Enhancement - Undergraduate Program(MCHC/RISE-UP). I received a rejection letter last year on March 20, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear back this year! I am waiting to hear back from the Hopkins/KKI site. If anyone could provide any insight in regards to their communication with admin for this program it would be greatly appreciated!

aka- has anyone been invited to have/already have had an interview? what was the timeline like in previous years? I'm going crazy

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
In the email it stated decisions will be announced March 31st but I know interviews are supposed to happen before then. I am worried as well and hope it all goes well!

I received an invite to interview for the South Dakota site on February 5th & I had my interview on March 7th. This is my first time applying but I’m really hoping for good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invite to interview for the South Dakota site on February 5th & I had my interview on March 7th. This is my first time applying but I’m really hoping for good news!
Hearing back so soon is great news, congrats! May I ask when you applied/how many interviews you had? Also, do you mind sharing your stats? Personally I am graduating this May and applied with nearly a 3.3 GPA. I have held research and leadership positions throughout undergrad, and I submitted my app a week before the deadline!

I applied January 17th, I was kinda late as well. My stats are:
3.7 GPA Sophomore
Sexual health educator, completed the SHPEP program last summer, teaching assistant for the Public health department, work for DHS, research experience, etc.

I’ve only had one interview & they told me I should hear back by the 31st. They also said only 10 people will be apart of the group. I hope you hear good news soon!!
That's awesome! Also, do you know what they mean by only 10 people being a part of the group? Does that mean part of the SD site?

That's awesome! Also, do you know what they mean by only 10 people being a part of the group? Does that mean part of the SD site?

Yeah! From my understanding, they are only accepting 10 people total this year.

Has anyone reached out to the KKI/Hopkins site to see when decisions will be made?

I haven't! If you hear anything between now and March 31 please give us a heads up :)
I emailed them and they said that decision letters are due to go out the end of March. But I know there are usually interviews beforehand so I'm not sure if interviews were conducted already :/

Has anyone heard back yet from the MCHC program? I still haven't received any kind of email... Should I take that as a denial since a lot of people have already interviewed? Thanks!

Has anyone heard back yet from the MCHC program? I still haven't received any kind of email... Should I take that as a denial since a lot of people have already interviewed? Thanks!

I didn't hear anything about interviews either how do you know some people got interviewed?

No one heard anything from the Baltimore site only the South Dakota but I hope we hear back soon...
agreed! Im getting very antsy, if you hear anything please let me know!

Does anyone know how long KKI gives those accepted into the program to accept or decline?

I haven’t heard anything back from the South Dakota site either but they did say that all decisions should be out by the 31st so I’m hoping we hear back by then!

I just received an acceptance letter for the South Dakota site! Hope to see some of you in May :)