Underground Dentist Not Remorseful of Illegal Practice in Dallas, TX

Member902507

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/underground-dentist-not-remorseful-illegal-practice-133957201.html

It's interesting how that lady in the article complained about her completed procedure to the police...maybe you shouldn't have gone to a shady "clinic" in the first place?

Also, dental schools and free clinics offer such affordable dentistry for so many people, it's sad to see people still go to these illegal clinics, and I wonder how many of them exist--even in saturated places like California and New York...

Jun 15, 2011
Status
I love watching these low-lifes get busted.

Perhaps I'd change my attitude slightly towards these miscreant opportunists if I wasn't facing the reality of graduating with 400K in student loans I need to pay back.

While its tempting to fall for the arguments aimed at the heart, the fact is that these are the same opportunists who are destroying the national parks with their drug growing operations, among many other deleterious affects on the environment due to their third world outlook on life (usually frame their arguments for what they do in faux charity)

give these types an inch, they'll try and take a mile.

Book 'em. These law breakers do not belong in a civilized, healthy, law abiding society.

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
It is not clear why a dental tech would be called a "dentist", underground or otherwise; kind of like referring to a back alley midwife as a ObGyn physician.

Last edited:
OP
M

Member902507

5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
It is not clear why a dental tech would called a "dentist", underground or otherwise; kind of like referring to a back alley midwife as a ObGyn physician.
Haha, exactly! That's why dentists have been pushing for MORE EDUCATION overall. The man thought because he knew how to make a crown or w/e, he could diagnose and perform the surgeries on his own. And he said "I know how to pull teeth"...so does a child who has a loose tooth!

Surive123

5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2011
Status
Damn. The comments on that yahoo page is a Dentist and MD hating/vent page. Holy Hell.

pls guize, don't hate me :/

Jun 15, 2011
Status
It is not clear why a dental tech would be called a "dentist", underground or otherwise; kind of like referring to a back alley midwife as a ObGyn physician.
^^ probably 90% of the population is too stupid to understand what you are saying. Nevertheless it is extremely important.

The press is, generally speaking, ******ed. Or at least, not all that intelligent. Or at least, guilty of hyperbole and abuse of words in a cheap attempt to gain readership at the expense of legitimate wording. In the case they are guilty, as usual, of abusing the trust of the public by misapplying the title dentist.

Jun 15, 2011
Status
Damn. The comments on that yahoo page is a Dentist and MD hating/vent page. Holy Hell.

pls guize, don't hate me :/
wow those comments are interesting....further reinforcing my belief based on nearly 4 decades of life experience that indeed the vast majority of modern americans are ungrateful, short sighted, and just plain ignorant/ stupid.

Surive123

5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2011
Status
wow those comments are interesting....further reinforcing my belief based on nearly 4 decades of life experience that indeed the vast majority of modern americans are ungrateful, short sighted, and just plain ignorant/ stupid.
So one of the comments was that oral health is just as important as any other body system and dental care should be covered in a normal health insurance.

"I really think dental care should be included in health insurance and not an optional add on. If you don't get your teeth cared for then that can lead to a whole host of other problems."

A guy responds with,

"Include haircuts, pedicure, pet care, housing, massages, facials. And beverages. Now that the Affordable Health Care Act has made health care affordable we should expand it to include that.
"

and a mockery to the original post...

"I think we should add on groceries to health insurance and not an option cause if you don't eat it could lead to a whole host of other problems. Yeah and what about cars, clothes, furniture...........you people are truly pathetic!"

Jun 15, 2011
Status
^^ probably 90% of the population is too stupid to understand what you are saying. Nevertheless it is extremely important.

The press is, generally speaking, ******ed. Or at least, not all that intelligent. Or at least, guilty of hyperbole and abuse of words in a cheap attempt to gain readership at the expense of legitimate wording. In the case they are guilty, as usual, of abusing the trust of the public by misapplying the title dentist.
by the way I just noticed the OP fell for it in the title of this very thread.

too bad it can't be changed to "Underground charlatan impersonating a "dentist" not remorseful..."

Dec 16, 2012
Status
So one of the comments was that oral health is just as important as any other body system and dental care should be covered in a normal health insurance.

"I really think dental care should be included in health insurance and not an optional add on. If you don't get your teeth cared for then that can lead to a whole host of other problems."

A guy responds with,

"Include haircuts, pedicure, pet care, housing, massages, facials. And beverages. Now that the Affordable Health Care Act has made health care affordable we should expand it to include that.
"

and a mockery to the original post...

"I think we should add on groceries to health insurance and not an option cause if you don't eat it could lead to a whole host of other problems. Yeah and what about cars, clothes, furniture...........you people are truly pathetic!"

If you want to know who to blame for americas coming economic collapse its these people. 'Yeah lets just vote for government to give people all this stuff so they can enjoy themselves stress free while tax payers are breaking their backs.'

Enjoy the decline.

Jun 15, 2011
Status
If you want to know who to blame for americas coming economic collapse its these people. 'Yeah lets just vote for government to give people all this stuff so they can enjoy themselves stress free while tax payers are breaking their backs.'

Enjoy the decline.
^^ and there it is. 5 years of decline with no end in sight (what is in sight is clearly unprecedented decline, i.e. middle class is on life support and the plug is going to have to be pulled shortly) summarized in 2 sentences.

If one wants a 2 hour long explanation in visual format, the movie Idiocracy does a good job of summarizing, too.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Buffalo
Status
Dental Student

Enjoy the decline.
Pretty much. I'm going into dentistry thinking that if/when the country takes a crap on itself, at that point everyone is screwed and I'm just along for the ride.

Bis-GMA111

7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2010
Status
Dentist
clearly, there's a problem with access to care. i think we should open up another dental school to solve this problem.

Cello

7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2011
Status
Dental Student

Enjoy the decline.
I was under the impression that the bolded text came from sarcastic posters poking fun at the OP of the Yahoo! comment. :confused: