UNE Online Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDrB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of posts regarding UNE's online Biochemistry course, but I was wondering if any of y'all who had taken it also applied to UNE? Did it ever come up in the interview and/or do you think it was a benefit to your application there?

I plan on taking it here at a local university next spring, but UNE is one of the schools on my list, so I would just like to hear some feedback. Maybe it would be worth taking it at UNE. I'm also thinking about taking their Anatomy course, but I've heard mixed things about taking Anatomy before med school.

Members don't see this ad.

I took it. It was an excellent and very challenging course. I also applied and was accepted to UNE, though the course itself never came up (I was still in progress when I interviewed). Whether it makes a difference for admission I can't say with certainty, but I can say that it is known to be a difficult course by the UNE staff so if you do well it will certainly reflect well on your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it with UNE because I got accepted to UNECOM and hadn't taken biochem prior. I don't think it would affect your application positively/negatively, actually. I started the course AFTER my admission, and the adcoms didn't even know where I was taking it until I gave them my grade update last week.

Just take it where it's cheaper I'd say, lol. The online course itself was very challenging, I must say... Basically self-taught.

Reactions: 1 user