Program-Specific Info / Q's UNE OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThopefully183

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been invited for an Interview for University of New England on 12/6/19 and I wanted to find out more about the school. Is there anyone on here currently a student there? What made you choose UNE? Is Portland, Maine a nice and fun place to be? My friend has warned me that since I'm use to SoCal weather, it might be hard to adjust. Any input is appreciated.

I am still not sure whether I would like to pursue for an interview since I'm from CA. Flying there is kind of a financial burden and by the sound of their email, it doesn't seem like they are willing to offer skype interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview invite!
Well, I’m not a current student but I got invited to an interview the same day as well and I’m in Florida so it’s a change for me too. I’m actually gonna be up there before thanksgiving because I’m going to Boston and thought I’d take a trip up there to see what it’s like ahead of time. If u do decide to go I’ll post on here what I thought of the city before the interview day.
Again, Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your interview invite!
Well, I’m not a current student but I got invited to an interview the same day as well and I’m in Florida so it’s a change for me too. I’m actually gonna be up there before thanksgiving because I’m going to Boston and thought I’d take a trip up there to see what it’s like ahead of time. If u do decide to go I’ll post on here what I thought of the city before the interview day.
Again, Congrats!

Thanks so much! I think I am just psyching myself out. Since we have 5 days to decide, I might either postpone my interview until a later date. What other schools did you apply to and is UNE a top pick for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
No UNE is actually my last pick but the problem is it’s the first to get a decision out of all the schools I applied to so I feel obligated to go just to see what happens. Speaking of which, I applied to UNE,UF, FGCU, FIU, and UTEP. I went to the UF open house and it seems like a really good program (not accredited yet but most likely will) and is my number 1 pick.

No UNE is actually my last pick but the problem is it’s the first to get a decision out of all the schools I applied to so I feel obligated to go just to see what happens. Speaking of which, I applied to UNE,UF, FGCU, FIU, and UTEP. I went to the UF open house and it seems like a really good program (not accredited yet but most likely will) and is my number 1 pick.

Same! I applied to University of St. Augustine in San Marcos, so this is like my last pick as cost wise it seems almost the same. I will most likely RSVP as I cannot attend this date and will postpone the interview. But yeah I would love to hear what your thoughts are of the school and Portland, Maine when you visit. :)

Hey,
So after visiting Portland and having a couple of days to take in everything, this is what I think...
It’s cold like the artic this time of year

The city itself is beautiful yet out of the way... has a big city feel to it without the traffic

Other than the many amazing restaurants and breweries they have, it seems like the only other things to do is hike, bike, or fish.

the campus itself was small and about 10 minutes from downtown.

overall, I would rate the place a 6/10 just because I loved the breweries, food, and the geography of the town.

Maybe it’ll go up after the interview, but this is how I feel right now about the city... hope this helped!

Hey,
So after visiting Portland and having a couple of days to take in everything, this is what I think...
It’s cold like the artic this time of year

The city itself is beautiful yet out of the way... has a big city feel to it without the traffic

Other than the many amazing restaurants and breweries they have, it seems like the only other things to do is hike, bike, or fish.

the campus itself was small and about 10 minutes from downtown.

overall, I would rate the place a 6/10 just because I loved the breweries, food, and the geography of the town.

Maybe it’ll go up after the interview, but this is how I feel right now about the city... hope this helped!

Thanks so much for letting me know! I have thought long and hard and have passed up my opportunity for the interview as I think I don't know if I can give up the beautiful SoCal weather. Though Portland, Maine seems nice, I want to stay on the West Coast. As I was recently accepted by the University of St. Augustine, I think I will go with that choice. Best of luck with the rest of your application process! :)

Hi All,

I have been invited for an Interview for University of New England on 12/6/19 and I wanted to find out more about the school. Is there anyone on here currently a student there? What made you choose UNE? Is Portland, Maine a nice and fun place to be? My friend has warned me that since I'm use to SoCal weather, it might be hard to adjust. Any input is appreciated.

I am still not sure whether I would like to pursue for an interview since I'm from CA. Flying there is kind of a financial burden and by the sound of their email, it doesn't seem like they are willing to offer skype interviews.

Congrats on your interview offer! I am also looking into this school and was curious to know what your stats are if you don't mind?

Congrats on your interview offer! I am also looking into this school and was curious to know what your stats are if you don't mind?

Sure! Just an FYI I decided to decline the interview because University of St. Augustine accepted me. I ultimately decided I would like to stay in West Coast. Below are my stats.

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac.)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic