UNE Pharmacy Class of 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDSXSW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I did not see a thread for those applying to the University of New England for fall 2013 admittance (c/o 2017). Post to the thread if you're applying/offered an interview/accepted. Go! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all, I did not see a thread for those applying to the University of New England for fall 2013 admittance (c/o 2017). Post to the thread if you're applying/offered an interview/accepted. Go! :D

I'm applying but haven't heard anything from them yet. Do you know what are the interview dates?

Interview doesn't start till mid Dec, they are busy with the new dental school, so invites for COP should be sent out soon. There's a thread from last year with all the interview dates. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview doesn't start till mid Dec, they are busy with the new dental school, so invites for COP should be sent out soon. There's a thread from last year with all the interview dates. Good luck.

Hi SouCal10, how do you like UNE? Would you be willing to tell me and my fellow applicants anything about the program you think might be helpful in helping us make a decision for UNE? Any input from you or anyone else in the program would be appreciated. I have a coupled acceptances thus far to different schools and being a local to the greater Portland ME area I will have a difficult time making up my mind if I'm accepted to UNE as well. Thanks!

Hi everyone, ..just got an invitation for an interview on Dec 14....any advice on the interview question and type of essay asked will help...thanks..very nervous..lol

I got an interview for December 14 as well! Coming all the way from Montana!

My advise would be to talk to people other than your tourguides to see how they feel about the program (during the interview, they will encourage you to do so anyway and students here are very friendly, so don't feel uncomfortable doing so), relax during the interview and you'll be great.
I am disappointed in their teacher selection, and from what I heard, it's going to get worse from here. I should have gone with my other choices. I know a good number of people are unhappy about the program, but that could just be personal preference. You should check it out during the interview to see if it fits you.

Last edited:
Hi SouCal10, how do you like UNE? Would you be willing to tell me and my fellow applicants anything about the program you think might be helpful in helping us make a decision for UNE? Any input from you or anyone else in the program would be appreciated. I have a coupled acceptances thus far to different schools and being a local to the greater Portland ME area I will have a difficult time making up my mind if I'm accepted to UNE as well. Thanks!

This is the threat from people applying last year, and the info didn't change as much compared to my year. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=848834.
I know making decision can be hard, I had to choose between UNE, Regis and Hilo, which are closer to me since I am from CA. However, it was an easy choice for me, since I wasn't too excited about the other schools.
I've met and made friends with many people here, so it makes it a little easier moving away from home. Attend the interview and see if UNE is a good fit for you (only when you can afford it of course) then you can decide later.
The thing I learned from my interview was to be positive, but then again my interview was pretty chill, since all they asked was my personal life. But yeah, if you're offered an interview, they already know your academic background. The interview is to get to know you, so being honest would help.

Last edited:
I also have an interview 12/14. Excited and nervous!:D
What makes me nervous though is having to drive from CT to Portland in wintertime.
I'm also applying here because (what a small world) this is my older sisters alma mater from med school (UNECOM).:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any tips to share as far as the interview is concerned?

aww SouCal10 :)

This was us 2 years ago :D

Great work in helping the c/o 2017 thread for UNE. I gave a student tour today and I spoke fondly of UNE.

Good luck everyone!! :luck:

I just e-submitted my app 3 days ago. I hope I'll get an interview... :(

Are people not applying to this school?

I have an interview on 12/14 as well. Will be driving from PA to Maine! I don't know much about the school. I guess I have to do a lot of research. To those who are current students, what do you like/dislike about this school? What made you want to go here compared to other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine around Nov 21, PharmCAS hasn't completed my GPA calculation so I doubt I'll get in on the first interviews. I'm in the Pre-Pharm program at UNE now. What are you guys prereq grades/pcats?

Can anyone answer the question of "Why UNE?" im not to familiar with this school

I'm just curious...do most of the students who attend UNE do research along with the classes they are taking? Are they required to do research?

Good luck and see you all tomorrow.

Last edited:
You won't have to do research if you don't want to. Like other schools, research is just a way for you to strengthen your resume for residency, not a requirement. Besides, it's a little hard to get a research opportunity during school year (teachers usually take in students during Summer).
How did everyone feel about the interview? You should hear back from UNE later soon, since we were done with finals last Friday. Good luck.

Last edited:
Accepted....UNE was my first choice

What did you guys have for stats? Do you know when the second round of interviews are by any chance?

Are you going to pay your deposit? or u going somewhere else!
I plan on attending. I was accepted at a couple other schools, but UNE is local and has a solid reputation, so it's a win-win in my case.

What did you guys have for stats? Do you know when the second round of interviews are by any chance?
Sorry, I don't know when the second round is being held. I'd imagine sometime in January?

My stats were average-competitive (I think). 3.6'ish GPA's, 80 PCAT, no pharmacy experience, but healthcare administration.

Sorry, I don't know when the second round is being held. I'd imagine sometime in January?

My stats were average-competitive (I think). 3.6'ish GPA's, 80 PCAT, no pharmacy experience, but healthcare administration.

Thanks, just got an invitation for Jan 11th.

3.01 GPA
3.3 Science GPA
50 PCAT
6 Years Pharmacy experience
Bachelor of Science
UNE Pre-Pharm

hopefully I get in!

Thanks, just got an invitation for Jan 11th.

3.01 GPA
3.3 Science GPA
50 PCAT
6 Years Pharmacy experience
Bachelor of Science
UNE Pre-Pharm

hopefully I get in!

You will get in. Just make sure you know your personal statement inside out. Most of the questions they will ask you will reflect what you wrote on your personal statement. Also check the interview section on this site.

You will get in. Just make sure you know your personal statement inside out. Most of the questions they will ask you will reflect what you wrote on your personal statement. Also check the interview section on this site.

Thanks!

Had the interview 12/14. Got accepted......but I decided to attend another university closer to my home especially due to fiscal reasons and the amount of loans I'd need and all. Best of luck everyone! I'm sure we will all make fine pharmacists :)

Hi everyone, ..Just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 8th ....any advice on the interview questions and type of essay asked? Also anyone else got an invitation on Feb 8th?

Hi everyone, ..Just got an invitation for an interview on Feb 8th ....any advice on the interview questions and type of essay asked? Also anyone else got an invitation on Feb 8th?

Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
Some of the biggest challenges you've overcome.
Your favorite subject/course.

It was pretty easy and more of a conversation than an interview. A lot less hypotheticals than at other schools.

Was just accepted to Western New England COP today from the 1/10 interview still waiting on the 1/11 interview from UNE.

Last edited:
Oh Great, I am nervous plus I am from CA and have to fly a day before... I am waiting for an interview from other schools too but I don't want to miss the opportunity of UNE.

Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
Some of the biggest challenges you've overcome.
Your favorite subject/course.

It was pretty easy and more of a conversation than an interview. A lot less hypotheticals than at other schools.

Was just accepted to Western New England COP today from the 1/10 interview still waiting on the 1/11 interview from UNE.

so which school in your number one choice?

Oh Great, I am nervous plus I am from CA and have to fly a day before... I am waiting for an interview from other schools too but I don't want to miss the opportunity of UNE.

if yours stats are competitve you will be fine...just make sure u know the basic questions mentioned by the previous poster and know ur pharmas application well especially your personal statement cus the interview is open file. the interviewer knows nothing about your grades so the questions are more personal.

I also want to know what kind of topics are they asking for essay part?

Hi all just wanted to know who will be in 2013 class at UNE this year.? Anyone in Feb 8th interview?

Hi all just wanted to know who will be in 2013 class at UNE this year.? Anyone in Feb 8th interview?

i think a lot of pple applying to UNE are not on SDN so you wont see that much respond here

Got my acceptance letter today from 1/11 interview. See you guys in the fall!

Thanks,

Question for current students: When and how did you apply for your Pharmacy Intern License?

I submitted in November and still haven't gotten an interview yet

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

ya sure....... how was your interview? May I ask what was some questions that they asked beside why you want to go for pharmacy field and so on? any other kind of questions that will help me on my interview?

You guys should create a Facebook page to get to know your classmates before school starts (for housing and such). I used to do it for the last 2 years, but I gave up the pages, so I figured I wouldn't do it anymore. As for the intern license, you will not be able to do anything on your own, since the school has to verify and sign your application. I wouldn't be worrying about it for now.

ya sure....... how was your interview? May I ask what was some questions that they asked beside why you want to go for pharmacy field and so on? any other kind of questions that will help me on my interview?

know everything you wrote on ur pharmcas app especially ur personal statement becus the interview is open file

You guys should create a Facebook page to get to know your classmates before school starts (for housing and such). I used to do it for the last 2 years, but I gave up the pages, so I figured I wouldn't do it anymore. As for the intern license, you will not be able to do anything on your own, since the school has to verify and sign your application. I wouldn't be worrying about it for now.

QUick question...does alot of students fail or dropout of the program and if so do they repeat the class they fail or they are dismissed from the program?

I was going to try to make a Facebook Page C/O 17 but I need "friends" to make it. Anyone want to get one started? Add me on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pprichar

Yessssssssssss I will add you for sure... :)

Hi Guys, I have a quick question regarding the color of the suit for an interview? does it really matter which color to wear? Is gray color formal for woman?
thank much

Last edited: