Uneasy about grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beanz111

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and I have an honest queston to ask...I am going to be a 2nd semester Sophomore and I am absolutelty terrified that I won't be able to get into the Med school of my choice...So far I've taken 1 year of bio and chem and a sem. of genetics and disappointingly i got a C in all three for all semesters :eek: but pulled off A's and B+'s in all of the "easy core classes"...This semester I'm taking Microbiology and having learned from a long mistake I plan to do much better especially since im getting a head start in reading the material...I am really interested in the University of Rochester and I don't want to lessen my chance in getting accepted..Do I have the slightest chace in redeeming myself?...What more can I do to better my chances of an acceptance?..if I haven't already screwed myself over :scared:
ThanX!
BeaN

Members don't see this ad.

never gotten a C in my life, good GPA 3.7, decent MCAT, from the U of Rochester undergrad, DIDN't get invited for an interview when I applied! I do research at the medical school!

I suggest improve your grades, you should be slightly worried, but its never too late to turn things around esp. as a 2nd semester sophmore.

Beanz111 said:
I'm new to the forum and I have an honest queston to ask...I am going to be a 2nd semester Sophomore and I am absolutelty terrified that I won't be able to get into the Med school of my choice...So far I've taken 1 year of bio and chem and a sem. of genetics and disappointingly i got a C in all three for all semesters :eek: but pulled off A's and B+'s in all of the "easy core classes"...This semester I'm taking Microbiology and having learned from a long mistake I plan to do much better especially since im getting a head start in reading the material...I am really interested in the University of Rochester and I don't want to lessen my chance in getting accepted..Do I have the slightest chace in redeeming myself?...What more can I do to better my chances of an acceptance?..if I haven't already screwed myself over :scared:
ThanX!
BeaN

I think it's good to try to swing at least 3.0 in your science classes. I'm kinda in the same boat, however I've only taken a semester of each bio and chem...Got a b in biology and c+ in chem...c- in bio lab and b in chem lab...Im really worried too. :(

Get a 4.0 from now on and rock the MCAT and you'll be fine. :D