UNECOM admissions and student capacity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unecom_mac

unecom_mac; its not bad
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not know how many of you students out there are applying to the University of New England COM school, but I just felt it was important to inform those applying that last year they accepted more people to the school then they had chairs in the classroom and there are more people then there are OMM tables and Anatomy tables. And they are looking at admitting the same number of students next year plus a couple more students. So take this information for what it is worth, think carefully about where you want to go.
Any questions about the school please give me a hollar.

Members don't see this ad.

not exactly a question about UNE but a a question more for anyone who cares to answer...i just realized that for my UNECOM secondary one of my "short answer" essays was way over the character limit!! whoooops i'm an idiot. wondering if i should email about this, do something about it or not really be concerned. UNECOM is one of my top choices so i'd like some advice.

gosh, leave it to me to mess something so simple up!! blahblahblah.

: )

I do not know how many of you students out there are applying to the University of New England COM school, but I just felt it was important to inform those applying that last year they accepted more people to the school then they had chairs in the classroom and there are more people then there are OMM tables and Anatomy tables. And they are looking at admitting the same number of students next year plus a couple more students. So take this information for what it is worth, think carefully about where you want to go.
Any questions about the school please give me a hollar.

They do that at every school for MD, DO, and undergraduate colleges/universities. At first glance I thought that meant alot of students will not be able to attend because of the limited space, but it was explained this is done to make sure they will have a full class since many people admitted to a given school will not attend it.

Side note, I got my 1st interview invite today. Coincedentally, I called UNECOM asking if they received all my 2ndary stuff, DO LOR was missing, I was told its all complete and then I check my mail and guess what, I got interview invite on Jan. 30th 2007!!!!! The best news I've heard in a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
They do that at every school for MD, DO, and undergraduate colleges/universities. At first glance I thought that meant alot of students will not be able to attend because of the limited space, but it was explained this is done to make sure they will have a full class since many people admitted to a given school will not attend it.

Side note, I got my 1st interview invite today. Coincedentally, I called UNECOM asking if they received all my 2ndary stuff, DO LOR was missing, I was told its all complete and then I check my mail and guess what, I got interview invite on Jan. 30th 2007!!!!! The best news I've heard in a long time.

Sweet deal! I was complete today. How long after you were complete did you get the invite. I am a little worried that I won't get an invite since I am out of the NE area.

Sweet deal! I was complete today. How long after you were complete did you get the invite. I am a little worried that I won't get an invite since I am out of the NE area.

Submitted primary Oct 15
Verified Oct 22 (said Review I believe)
Completed UNECOM 2ndary towards late Nov and I'm from NY.

Submitted primary Oct 15
Verified Oct 22 (said Review I believe)
Completed UNECOM 2ndary towards late Nov and I'm from NY.

I am from New York too. UNECOM was one of my prior top choices. They won't even send me my seconday until they get my grade from orgo 1 in the beginning of January. AHHH!!! I already sent my deposit to DCOM too. They are already scheduling interviews for the end of February now, so it doesn't look good. How long do they interview? GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW!!!:luck: :luck:

I am from New York too. UNECOM was one of my prior top choices. They won't even send me my seconday until they get my grade from orgo 1 in the beginning of January. AHHH!!! I already sent my deposit to DCOM too. They are already scheduling interviews for the end of February now, so it doesn't look good. How long do they interview? GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW!!!:luck: :luck:

I think its Nov-May, but dont take my word for it. Hey you got interview at nycom though and I got 1 at unecom, yet we both applied to the same schools. Weird huh. So does that mean if you say go into Family Practice residency I will end up doing something else, prolly the other residency program you applied for lol.

Orginally Posted by drhansolo

• dude i love your sdn login name. Protease?! sweet.

Thanks, drhansolo.

i am from NY too
Unecom interview in Jan too!

dude i love your sdn login name. Protease?! sweet.

I think its Nov-May, but dont take my word for it. Hey you got interview at nycom though and I got 1 at unecom, yet we both applied to the same schools. Weird huh. So does that mean if you say go into Family Practice residency I will end up doing something else, prolly the other residency program you applied for lol.

Thanks, drhansolo.

LOL! I would have gladly traded you NYCOM for UNECOM! I just wanted to LOOK at UNECOM. Oh well, there is no rhyme or reason to this whole process. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!:luck:

LOL! I would have gladly traded you NYCOM for UNECOM! I just wanted to LOOK at UNECOM. Oh well, there is no rhyme or reason to this whole process. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!:luck:

Is that b/c of the large tuition cost to attend nycom, or do you have another reason to choose unecom over nycom (besides the nice campus and location at unecom)?

Hmm wonder what NBC will think about running a spin-off of Deal or No Deal called DO or No DO? There will be 22 cases, not 26, filled with an acceptance letter, and they will be held by 22 lovely doctors, DO of course. Instead of "The Banker" there will be "The Lawyer" who will try to sue you for your case. What you think?

Is that b/c of the large tuition cost to attend nycom, or do you have another reason to choose unecom over nycom (besides the nice campus and location at unecom)?

Hmm wonder what NBC will think about running a spin-off of Deal or No Deal called DO or No DO? There will be 22 cases not 26 and they will be held by 22 lovely doctors, DO of course. Instead of "The Banker" there will be "The Lawyer" who will try to sue you for your case. What you think?

I am just a country girl at heart and want to practice rural medicine. NYCOM was really a great school, but probably not the right one for me. Of course, the cost has a lot to do with that too.;) I think you should pitch your idea to NBC.LOL!:D :luck:

Hmm. The "chairs" thing must have been for c/o 2009 - because for c/o 2010 we had 5 extra seats in the class. no extra chairs needed - but a lot of students are now getting lazy and coming in late, so they're sitting in the back rather than make everyone move to get to the lone middle seats in the rows (the empty seats are NEVER on the ends!)

Don't scare the applicants 'cuz you're freaking about finals. :thumbdown: