UNECOM and PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone accepted to either UNECOM or PCOM willing to share their GPA/MCAT? I plan to apply to both schools this summer, and want to get a general understanding of what they're looking for in terms of numbers.

Thank you!

PH

Members don't see this ad.

well I got accepted to UNECOM with a 3.33 GPA, 3.29 Science GPA, and a 8-V,8-P,10-B M-W =26 MCAT score.
I also interviewed at PCOm and am waiting for a response from them. Good luck, If you have any more questions IM ME. Aol =Antgod22

I have a 3.0 GPA, 3.0 Science GPA, and a 9-V,8-P,7-B= 24 MCAT.
Not so spectacular numbers but I have much EMT and research experience. I interviewed in November. I got in but turned it down after weighing my options. Nice school though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kakooii,

Which school did you decide to attend instead? Also, if you do not mind my asking, what type of research did you do?

Thank you!

PH

I was accepted at UNECOM but chose LECOM.

My stats are 9V, 9P, 10B, R
Masters in Epidemiology 3.61
Bachelors in Biology 2.99

Totat Science GPA of 3.12

MCAT: 23
GPA: 3.25
Sci GPA: 3.4
Major: Chem
Research: Synthesis of a potential antibiotic
Published: 2X
Volunteer experience: extensive
Interviews: UNECOM, VCOM, DMU, PCSOM

My numbers are not great, however with an extensive amount of extracurriculars and research, I was able to interview at the above schools. On more than one occasion, my interviewers told me they liked my personal statement and other secondary essays.

My advice would be to do well on the MCAT and strive for a good GPA. With these two under your belt you should have no problem getting an interview. Best Wishes :)

UNECOM 2007 :clap:

I agree with JMJ. Focus on getting a good MCAT and keep your GPA up, but don't forget they focus on your whole application. When writing your personal statement and filing out your applications remember you need to sell yourself well. I guess I will share my numbers and experience also even though I did not apply to PCOM or UNECOM. I received an interview at every DO school I applied to on either their first or second interview day of the interview cycle. I got accepted from UHS the same week I interviewed and DMU a couple of weeks after that. I turned down my interviews at NSUCOM and KCOM. One thing I have realized is that time is a HUGE FACTOR!! By this I mean, apply as early as you can and send back the secondaries quickly. It will definitely help you out. Start the AACOMAS application as soon as it comes online. That is my advise to you, hope it helps you out.
MCAT: 25
OGPA: 3.75
Science GPA:3.77
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Interviews: UHS, KCOM, DMU, NSUCOM
Final decision: DMU
I also had various community service, started research to publish at application time, military service as an Army reserve medic, worked 5 years in a pharmacy, many certifications(EMT-B, ACLS, PHTLS, etc.), and extracurricular activities.

DMU 2007!!!

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice!

I must say that I am impressed by your accomplishments to date, and look forward to joining you guys as an osteopathic physician. I wish you the best of success in med school!

PH